Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Fighting with my girl friend.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fighting with my girl friend.
Emo-Sucks
Neophyte
Member # 16237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emo-Sucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey

I've been having some problems with my girl friend.(If she is my girl friend anymore, I seriously don't know right now.)
She's a really independant person, which I think is what's really awesome about her, but i'm really dependant of her. So I feel like I don't get to spend any time or do anything with her and she feels I try to spend too much time with her. I asked her if she wanted me to give her some space, but she said no that she didn't want that. So it seems that i'm just depressed alot because I feel that she doesn't want to be around me when in fact that's probably not true. I just think about her all the time and I want to always be with her but she doesn't see us in a serious relationship.
Tonight I told her how I felt and about how I feel that she doesn't care or she never suggests to do anything with me, I always have to be the one asking her to go places or hang out with me. We got in a big fight and she just kind of left and didn't want to deal with it right now. I have to see her tomorrow at school, but I don't know how I should aporach her.. I'm just really depressed, but I don't want to be. I think I have a serious problem about getting to attached with someone. I don't know what to do.

Thanks....

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*transient
Activist
Member # 15989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *transient     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess some people like their independence more than others... or it could be that she's got alot on her plate right now, and doesn't have too much time to make plans...or maybe she just doesn't want a relationship right now. You should try talking to her again maybe, and asking her what she wants out of your relationship. You might want different things. If you both talk about it, then you'll each know what the other likes or wants, and maybe things will go more smoothly. I've had the same problem in the past, and I talked to her about it, and now everything is alot better... so I guess that's really the only thing you can do - tell her how you feel. It might not go as well as you want it to, but at least she knows what you're feeling right? Good luck.
Posts: 61 | From: ON Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UnderTheBridge
Neophyte
Member # 16889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnderTheBridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look man, one lesson my big brother and his friend taught me, women are nothing but trouble when you become infatuated with them.
My big brothers friend is now stuck with a kid and a crazy wife for the rest of his life because he wasn't careful with women.

Posts: 13 | From: Fairbanks,Alaska | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But the same could be said about men. Or dogs. Or bamboo trees. Sweeping generalizations are useless because they hold no practical applications to life; every situation is unique, and while caution is useful at times, there's no need to recommend someone give up on their girlfriend (or boyfriend, for that matter) just because "all women/men/beta fish are crazy".
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.