Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Does anyone know what love actually is?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone know what love actually is?
Emo-Sucks
Neophyte
Member # 16237

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Emo-Sucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you people know what love is? I've been going out with my girlfriend since September. I told her that I love her and she said "I love you too". But did she just say that because I said it? Maybe i'm too young to know what love is? (I'm 17)
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is love?/ baby don't hurt me,/ don't hurt me/ no more... Haddaway c.1993?

not to seem like we're dodging your questions by making your refer to other threads, but a lot of questions that newer users have have already been asked and discussed before, and we encourage the continuation of discussion over time.

Check these out from the Relationships forum FAQ (each forum has its own FAQ of threads that highlight commonly discussed issues, like a Best-of collection):
Love http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000007.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000932.html

read up and please throw in your two cents, we'd love to hear it

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's also an English romantic comedy. It rocks but I don't like it because it gets to me and makes me depressed
Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exsesivelybored911
Neophyte
Member # 16335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exsesivelybored911     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't think your too young. Unless your imature. Although, I don't actually know for sure. I am by no means any sort of expert on love, nor do I know anyone who is. I personaly think I know what it is, and I'm only 18.
Anyway, some may argue that I don't know what I am talking about and that's all fine. I have never had a girlfriend before, which is pretty sad. However, I love one of my female friends, and though she doesn't love me quite as much, since she can't (having a boyfriend and all)(whom she really loves). Anyway, the point is, I don't care that she loves someone else, because all I care about is that she's happy. I mean, I would obviously prefer that it had worked out otherwise, but it didn't. Love isn't something you can really describe. It's like trying to describe color to a blind man. Love isn't necesarily getting those stupid butterfly's in your stomach. That's called nervousness. You can get that just from the smile of a pretty girl. But I digress. There is actually a good section in the Bible that gives an excelent discription of love, somewhere in Romans. It's probably the closest thing I can think of to a true deffinition.

{By the way; I hope I am not repeating things in those other posts, but I was posting this when I didn't have time since I have classes very soon. So I have no objections if this reply get's deleted for stupidity }

Posts: 10 | From: Cookeville, Tn, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keiths_angel_19
Neophyte
Member # 14381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keiths_angel_19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I know how you feel my boyfriend told me he loved me and i wasn't sure if iloved him yet or not so i asked him if he really meant it, and of course he said yes but i still wasn't sure, if your girlfriend doesn;t know and is just saying she loves you cause you said it, she must obviously care enough not to hurt your feelings, but maybe you should ask her in a easy going way. Just slowly bring it up i don't see why she'd get mad or anything. But to answer your question about what love is, its an intense feeling you have for someone, my grandpa always told me that the way to tell if you love someone is when you can't stand going a day without talking to them, you know you could not live without them, and you know that if you ever lost them you'd be crushed. So i hope that helps.....
Posts: 12 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.