Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Is this common?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this common?
Lazybabe101
Neophyte
Member # 16228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lazybabe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...in August I accidently killed our 3 month old cat. I was switching loads of laundry and i didn't see her jump in the drier... you can guess the rest. (wow i haven't really talked about it for a while, thinking about it is just sad enough)anyway. That was the first cat of ours that has died..and what is even worse, i am the one who killed her. Well im still greaving, but i've kinda of stopped thinking about her all the time, thank god. But i think there was a side effect to all that happening...

Every time someone yells for me, i'm scared something/someone is dead or hurt. For example.. I will be upstairs, and my mom downstairs, my mom will yell for me, and i run to her because i'm scared somehting is wrong. Its a horrible feeling. especially when she yells loudly because it seems like she really realy needs me up there pronto.

One time i was watching tv, and my mom made this weird noise, it was like a scream/cry.. it was because my tree frog jumper on her when she was feeding it (i didn't know that) but the first thing that came to my head was my dog died somehow, or my dad was in an accident. Another time i was at school, i was called to the office to pick up a message (i knew i wasn't riding the bus or anything..i had track) but the first thing that came to my mind that someone in my family was in an accident.

But things like that happen all the time now. I hate being called somewhere randomly because i'm scared something is wrong. I know that it can be normal..but i don't think that it should of gone to this extreme.. Do you think this is all because of the whole cat stuff? Thanks.

~~~~~
Another thing... is it normal to hate feeling uneven? Like if you skip a step with one leg, you have to skip a step with the other or your uneven, or when your stretching and one arm feels more stretched then the other so you have to stretch the other one, and then you still feel uneven. Or when you looking out the window in the car, and it feels weird cause your other side of your neck feels like it hasn't been in the same position... like things like that...is that common.

Thanks for all thehelp..i think it might be in my head..but i don't know...

[This message has been edited by Lazybabe101 (edited 01-11-2004).]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
did you tell anyone in your family how the cat died? or did you try to cover it up?

if the latter, maybe you just need to confess and get it off your chest because you sound guilt-ridden.

if your family does know, then you need to find a way to keep telling yourself that everything bad that goes on in this world is not your fault.

if your mom knew about the dryer, did she yell at you a lot when it happened?

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazybabe101
Neophyte
Member # 16228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lazybabe101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They all know.. trust me i would never be able to keep something like that a secret. My mom didn't yell at me.. we were all kinda sad..and yeah..

Ok..you people might think i'm stupid for this but just read.. I don't do laundry alot..i hate it.. but my mom asked me to cause she wasn't home (she was at work) and well i've heard thumping noises in the drier..like shoes or when sheets get clumped together..and all that crap. so i never thought our cat was in there..until i opened it up like 10 min. later to see what was wrong cause it was still going..and all i saw was a black head in a white load of socks and junk.... plus i didn't know she liked driers..but i did know she liked people..but i never thought she would jump into the drier... (i must be pretty stupid for a 15 year old right??)

well thats what happened..they def. know because i was screaming bloody murder..and like, so depressed that day it wasn't funny..

another thing that i think is a side effect is when i come home from somewhere or wake up and go downstairs..i have to find all the cats..if i can't find one i will look..if i still can't find one i will bribe them w/ treats to come out.. i mean its horrible.. i'll say outloud their names so i'm 100% they are there.. could that be from that whole incident too?

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
could that be from that whole incident too?

Yes, it could be. Having a pet die can be very painful, and it must be even more so if you feel that you were (unintentionally) responsible.

So it's not really surprising that you're anxious and afraid of something else going wrong, and that you're especially worried about the other cats being okay.

That's especially true if you have a tendency to be anxious anyway.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lazybabe101
Neophyte
Member # 16228

Is there any way i can stop that? or will it go away on its own..if so how long will it take? What do you mean by anxious? I thought that the stuff was from it..but i'm also like crazy or something..something isn't right in my head. so i thought that it just part of that..but it didn't start till after the accident.. thanks

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.