Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » death

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: death
maiye
Neophyte
Member # 14790

Icon 9 posted      Profile for maiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my grandmother was diagnosed with bone cancer a while ago and we have been really close since she's lived with me my whole life and I know that when she does die, that I will be so incredibly sad that I just wont know what to do. When i even think of her dying or of death right now i get really sad and confused and scared and I just am so scared and worried and am going to be just all tore up inside. I just dont know what to do. Im about to cry just thinking about it.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweettweet22
Activist
Member # 15787

Icon 9 posted      Profile for sweettweet22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omg...guess what- believe it or not- I know what u are going through- my uncle (which was like the father I never had), died of heart faliure (he didn't get a donor in time)...till this day, (this happened last March)...I'm still grieving/crying/confused as to why it happened to him of all ppl- but if your grandmother were to die, there's couseling (it didn't really work for me)...but it usually does- but jus enjoy the time that u get to have with her now, because it hurts even more, when u never had the chance to say "I love you", or something that u wanted to tell that person for so long, but jus never got the courage or time to do so...then you'll be even more sad when that time has "expired" (jus like me)

[This message has been edited by sweettweet22 (edited 02-18-2006).]

Posts: 99 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maiye
Neophyte
Member # 14790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was good advice and im going to take it. Thankyou so much. Im just glad to know that there are other people out there like me that are scared and confused about death or w/e.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweettweet22
Activist
Member # 15787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweettweet22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that's wat support groups are for- to help you and give advice!- jus remember to use this time wisely as it woun't be there forever!
Posts: 99 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a lot of people seek solace in spirituality during times of grief. consider maybe attending a support group at church, or reading about bereavement. i know it's difficult to deal with the death of a loved one, but there are a lot of avenues to pursue.

------------------
It ain't the holidays till I see a Salad Shooter commercial.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.