Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » abuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abuse
bl0ndie
Neophyte
Member # 10990

Icon 8 posted      Profile for bl0ndie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, im sorry, i know i keep talking about the time when my friend abused me, and you guys have done pretty much all you can to help, but theres been a new twist in the tale. The guy that abused me in the summer has just abused another girl. This is despite everyone knwoing about me and she still slept in his bed, she woke up wiv him trying to enter her from behind just as i did. She said stop 4 times, on the 5th he did and then asked her not to tell anyone. I keep thinkin that maybe if i had told a teacher or my parents, or even had an argument wiv him in college that i could have stopped this happening and its all my fault. Im also scared that its going to happen to another girl, because the girl its jus happened to wont tell ne1 or make it public knowledge.help plz and thank you X
Posts: 9 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't blame yourself for what's happened, and don't imagine that by "arguing" with this guy you could have shown him that what's he's doing is wrong.

But remember that even if this girl doesn't feel able to tell anyone (although evidently she's told you, since you know about it), you can still tell your parents and/or teachers or the police about what happened to you.

If you raise the alert now, then maybe you can stop this from happening to another girl.

And if this other girl is willing to talk to you about what happened to her, maybe you can encourage and support each other in making a report.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purrplestariris
Neophyte
Member # 12173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purrplestariris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just posting to say i totally agree with logic grrl. this is cuz sometimes i feel that maybe i should have spoken about my ex's abuse, then maybe i can protect girls who would potentially fall for him. i still think about this, and if i can in some way reach out to somebody else and help them away from trouble, i would definitely do so. so i encourage you to reach out to her too, and perhaps make it known that this guy is dangerous.
Posts: 31 | From: Singapore | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.