Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » long distance relationships

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: long distance relationships
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know there's a strand in relationships about this, but i thought that it might make a good support group subject, as being in a long distance relationship can be extremely difficult at times, and it's often hard to find other people who can really relate to the problems which are specifically linked to being a long way away from your significant other. when you can't see eachother every week, or month, or even every several months (or however long) you find that the distance tends to magnify every little thing. when your boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't call you back once or twice when you live in the same town, it's not such a big deal, but when that's the only contact you'll have with them for a while it becomes an entirely different matter.

i know that personally, while i draw great joy and satisfaction from my long distance relationship, as i love my boyfriend sooo much and most importantly he is one of my best friends, there are days when i'm overcome by depression because i miss him so much. sometimes it litterally aches. and there are times when i feel as if i NEED to hear his voice, but because of the time difference he isn't around for me to call, and i can get really mopey and feel all hopeless as if i will never speak to him ever again.

does anybody else experience any similar (or completely different) difficulties in their LDR? i'm just interested to hear about other people's experiences in this situation, or to hear how others cope with the rough bits.

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my boyfriend lives an hour and a half from me, meaning i cant see him on a daily, or sometimes even a weekendly basis...im only 15, hes 16, and our parents have been good about trying to get us together, but its not easy..we've been going out about 2 months now, and i really like him..but i know what u mean when u say u miss the guy...im also being treated for depression (meds and counselling), dealing with parental pressures surrounding school, and just generally not doing that great. just thought i wud leave a post...and one of my main problems is, christmas is coming...i dont see my boyfriend every day and havnt known him that long, and have NO idea what to get fr him..help?
Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.