Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Ugh, I am disgusting.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ugh, I am disgusting.
paradijs
Neophyte
Member # 13854

Icon 9 posted      Profile for paradijs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is so hard to explain, because what I want is what tortures another.

I want to be raped; I want get pregnant (age 15, by the way); I want to get into drugs...I want to suffer a miserable, miserable life and I don't know why. I know that some people "play rape" for sexual fantasies, but I know no one who'd want their life ruined for no particular cause...

Every night, I will be very depressed (I was diagnosed with clinical depression about a year ago) and just think about being hurt by someone and I will act it out; screaming and crying, everything ... without even noticing it until I calm down. This is so messed up, but I can't tell anyone because I'm too ashamed.

Posts: 32 | From: Roanoke, VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, this has all gotta come from something, right?

first up, just because you have these urges doesn't mean you have to act on them. and really, it's better that you didn't because if you get pregnant, you're getting another human life involved, and that's just not fair to the baby.

but let's try to figure out why you might feel this way. one idea is that maybe you are sexually aroused by humiliation. this is not an uncommon fantasy. and yes, it is a fantasy. really getting raped is something else entirely, and I do doubt you have a full grasp of just how traumatic sexual assault really can be.

As for getting pregnant from an assault, you just seem to have urges towards having really bad things happen to ou. This could be some sort of sel-flagellation thing you might have going, which in some ways can be interpreted as some kind of cry for help.

What I'd encourage is to channel your energy into seeking more positive forms of attention (I put up a relevant but seldom-replied-to thread on the topic because it's pretty common, but no one likes to talk about it). Do you want help? Do you need empathy? really, look inside you and think about why you are feeling this way. I can only guess, but you know deep down what makes you tick.

------------------
Be the doctor your parents always wanted you to marry.
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes people feel that it isn't okay to be depressed or miserable "for no reason" (although clinical depression is a very big reason).

So sometimes there's a sense that if something really terrible happened to you, you'd have an "excuse" to feel so bad. It can also be connected with feeling that if something like that happened, everyone else would acknowledge that you're having a really hard time, which they may not be doing right now.

Does this ring a bell at all?

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 10-22-2003).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PebblePerson
Neophyte
Member # 15200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PebblePerson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i agree completely with logic_grrrl.... i think honestly that the media has a lot to do with it, too. a lot of young people feel the way you do, which isn't really surprising considering hollywood tends to glamorize pain and self-destructive behavior... but there is NOTHING glamorous about the reality of it all. it sounds as if you are feeling really intense hurt inside but feel that it isn't "justified"... you don't need a hard life in order to be justified in feeling whatever you feel. acting out rape is an extremely self-destructive thing to be doing however, and you may end up having some of the same issues with sexuality that actual survivors of rape and abuse have.... wich is a BAD thing!!! instead of wishing for and fantasizing about having a horrible life, try to work with your therapist (if you have one, and if you don't, find one!) on healing from your depression, and try to be thankful for what you don't have to be put through.... it's no fun. good luck with getting over all this. i know it's hard.
Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.