Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Being Bipolar...also, Anti-Depressants

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being Bipolar...also, Anti-Depressants
crustpunk
Neophyte
Member # 14988

Icon 5 posted      Profile for crustpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to my mom, and the therapist I was seeing, I'm quite possibly bi-polar. I'm kind of scared to go back to the therapist and find out if I really am. I'm kind of scared of the medication I'm going to have to take, due to friends having bad experiences with anti-depressants.

I was just curious if any of you have been officially diagnosed as being bipolar, and if the medication helped any? Also, to anyone on anti-depressants, I was just wondering if they work and if they change how you act or anything?

Thanks

Posts: 11 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got a whole thread about being bipolar here:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000254.html

As you'll see, there are a bunch of bipolar folks here. The thread includes some comments about experiences with meds, but maybe if you post there you'll encourage people to share more .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.