Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Not really sure what it is

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not really sure what it is
Member # 13069

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Aglaia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anybody gets this, and I don't really know what it is either. But now and then I can be just sitting there and suddenly a wave of depression over absolutely nothing will wash through me and it will tighten my chest and this is really painful at times. Usually it's just severly uncomfortable considering it's kinda hard to breathe since my chest would feel really thin. I don't know what this is and I am quite physically healthy and generally I am quite happy. But it really isn't a pleasant experience and I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on this?

Posts: 8 | From: London,UK | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 13392

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Newzealandschick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you talked to your docter about your
problem.I think you should.If you are deppressed your docter can give you something to help you.
I hope i helped you,

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 12348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BananaBoatSC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! I used to have these really bad chest cramps where it would almost feel like my lungs were caving in, my doctor said that it was from air bubbles. It really hurt- especially when I breathed in- I'm not really sure if this is what your describing because I didn't have any depression with them and I don't think chest cramps are related to depression. To address your depression probably you may be manic-depressive or bi-polar which will both cause waves of depression to come on relativly quickly- you may want to see a psychologist to address your depression problems and a doctor to address your chest cramps.
Hope this was helpful!

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good."
"Don't give up. I believe in you all. A person's a person no matter how small."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Posts: 28 | From: Columbia, SC, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.