Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » My Friend Tried Killing Herself

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Friend Tried Killing Herself
Nurseangel42886
Neophyte
Member # 13080

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Nurseangel42886     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guy's What's up? OK my best friend tried killing herself in the beginning of April. She was unsuccessful in her attempt. She was put into a Psychiatric hospital for two weeks. She had shown great improvement to her family and doctors, so they let her come home as long as she went to rehab twice a week. she agreed. So when she came back to school, she had made like a complete 360. It was almost to good to be true. Then on mothers day, she was down stairs all alone, hours later, when her mother noticed it had been a while since she was upstairs, she went to go check on her. Her mother found her in the bathroom. Her hair was cut and she was covered in blood. I could not believe what she did. I thought everything was OK. She is know back in the mental hospital on a ventilator. They don't know if she will ever recover. I want to try and help her, but I just don't know how. She won't tell me what the problem is so how can I help. Some please help me so I can help her.

------------------
edit: You might not want to keep your name in your signature if it's real. We want to keep you safe!!!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 05-18-2003).]

Posts: 2 | From: Lake Ariel Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, I don't think there's much you can do. It sounds like your friend's problems are quite serious and will need the attention of professionals. I doubt that's what you wanted to hear but unfortunately some situations call for more than even the best of intentions.

However, you can support her as she heals and tries to put things back together. Let her know you care about her and that you'll be there for her. You may also want to talk to her family -- they'll have a better idea of how you can show your support.

(((hug)))

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been through that too...both being the suicidal one and the one doing the...support part... and I must agree, the best you can do is showing her you care and will be there for her whenever she needs, without pressuring her into telling you or something like that... She'll come to you when she feels safe...
Good luck... and I hope she feels better soon...

Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eray01
Activist
Member # 13209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eray01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is definetly hard to deal with something like that, you feel like there is nothing you can do, or that you werent a good enough friend, but the truth is, it has nothing to do with you. It is something that she is battling in her own head. Keep yourself available to her IF she wants to talk, but that is up to her!
I had a friend who commited suicide and he succeeded. It was so hard for me to undertand, because no one had any idea that he was even troubled. I could tell toward the last few weeks of his life that he wasnt as hyper as usual, he wasnt himself, and I asked him and he said he was fine, I did what I could do and thats all I could do. It was overal his decision to do what he did, and he will be missed forever, Im not trying to scare you, but like I said, let her know you are there, but pushin the issue wont help cuz shes gonna do what she wants whether its good or bad!!
Good luck!!
your in my prayers!

------------------
eray*

Posts: 117 | From: kansas city, kansas, us | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.