Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I don't know what to do...:-(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what to do...:-(
vballchck
Activist
Member # 11398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vballchck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in 9th grade..and don't really love my school, i actually don't like school in general..thats why i don't like mine. but see i wanted to go to a different school. i dropped the subject for a while cause 1. i knew it would never happen, and 2. i would hate to leave my friends. but i really want more choices, and be in a public school (i'm in a private one) and just not have it so hard at this school. but today my dad told me he and my mom talked about taking me out of catholic..this is the first time that they actually told me about it. but i was excited! i have 3 choices of which school(i won't get to chose exactly..but still..) its not positive i am going yet..my dad is going to talk to the Athletic Director..now i'm not just leaving for sports(!)..my private school is very expensive..i know it is killing us! but anyways. I was really excited when i found out..but now that i've thought about it..i don't want to change. i don't want to loose memories i love.. i don't want to lose my friends.. my friends are some of the best i've ever had..i know im having some problems whith them (that only i see..i think) or something like that.. but i don't want to leave..but then again i do. i'm not in the most popular group in school, and no boys that i know of like me. and my school is taking up a lot of my time..which i hate wasting..but anyways. i don't know what to do.. i don't want to leave my friends, have to start over..become a hypicrate (i didn't want one of my friends to leave..but i don't care anymore) i want to stay at my school...i'm fine there. but i want to leave to..for more sports choice, so my parents don't have to spend 5000+ (not sure minimum)tuition, so i can change my life..hopefully good, so i have more accedimic choices..so i'll feel a BIT more normal then i do at this school.. i don't know..it scares me.. change scares me...if i'm fine with somewhere and feel safe then i don't want to change it..i know there will be more changes in my life..bigger ones then changing schools..but schools and who you are with when you grow up is important. they kinda shape who you are..so i don't know what to do..i've been at this school for about 4 years..and i feel safe..but this isn't my fav. school..so can anyone help me? i'm really scared..

i want to leave my school..then again..i don't...

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing is scary isn't it? Going to a place where you don't know what will happen... but exactly because you don't know that, why don't give it a try? As you said, you'll have so many new oportunities there... and about your fruiends.. if they REALLY are your friends, they won't stop being just cause you changed school... and you can always make new ones! Meeting new people is great. I met one of my best friends when I had to leave my old school in the middle of the schoolyear ^_^
Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blue_gal
Neophyte
Member # 12550

Icon 6 posted      Profile for blue_gal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

I went through the same thing 2 years ago, i had grown up with all my friends at my school and then went onto college together, (for all you that don't know college here in the UK starts when you're 16) anyways, the course that i enrolled on wasn't what i expected and didnt really enjoy it that much and only kept going because all my friends were there- but my heart wasn't really in it at all. After my first year was over i had really crap results and the college basically told me that if i wanted to return i had to re-do that year again. I did have another option though and that was to go to another college, where i knew no one but they had the course there that i wanted to do. I really didn't wanna leave my friends behind and a few of them tried to persuade me to stay- but i thought of my future and went to this other college.
Now just finishing up these two years at my new college, it's the best move i'd ever made!!!
It was hard to leave my friends that i'd grown up, but i soon made new friends at my new college. I still see my other friends and they are supportive

It's true- if they are good friends they'll stick by you with whatever you decide to do. I say give a try, I did and it all worked out great and made some other great friends in the process

Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Posts: 35 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.