Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Read ME

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Read ME
mangosmoothie
Neophyte
Member # 9953

Icon 5 posted      Profile for mangosmoothie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is going to necessarily help anyone.... who knows. It would have been nice if someone could have written it for me I could have seen things clearer a month ago, a week ago, whenever. It's about life and people and living and loving. Frustration too. Take a minute and read.... follow my rambling and you might end up somewhere beautiful.

*I'm frustrated with relationships and people and love. I found someone I like and would love to be with and I can't because of superficiality. I wear converse and he wears Banana Republic.... I feel that he likes me but I also feel he wouldn't be with me because of my shoes. Of my shoes of all things. Why does that matter. I think of warm summer nights with a light breeze ruffling the green leaves.... of little tree leave shadows casting on the screen and the walls.... of a dark room, laying with "him", looking into his eyes, just holding him and smiling, nothing more, just being THERE with him makes me so happy, just thinking about it makes a smile appear on my face, and I hope some more. But my shoes, or his pants, or materialistic things can keep two human beings, with feelings, and minds, and thoughts, and tears, and ideas, and smiles apart. It's so frustrating to think about a pair of shoes or pants keeping two human beings apart, two amazing people from being happy. A pair of 30$ shoes can stop happiness. Isn't that upsetting?

Yet another point

*Girls(or anyone)think they want something one day and then they don't..... it's so confusing.I think almost everyone is like that in some aspects. They want something and finally get it and just move on..... it's like knowing you don't or can't have something makes you want it and you base your affections on it and then when you have it you disregard it because all along you never actually wanted or needed it..... it was just the inability or difficulty to achieve it that made you want it. Whatever is out of limits is a want.... when it's never really wanted in the first place, you just think so.

------------------
Love Takes No Offense - A Walk to Remember..... "An Eye for an Eye Makes the Whole World Blind." - Ghandi

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gladys
Neophyte
Member # 11551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gladys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you think he won't like you because of your shoes? I mean, income issues can be difficult, but I don't know if I'd want to be with someone who would decide whether he liked me or not based on my shoes.
Posts: 10 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this goes way beyone the shoes and shirts themselves.

Mangosmoothie, I think the real conflict here is in what each of these items represents. While in my opinion things shouldn't be this way, it is very true that ideas and images are being projected by these shoes. It's not just a pair of Jack Purcells, it's the whole punk/indie hipster image versus the preppie boyishness of the guy in the Banana Republic sweater.

What you're really trying to deal with is whether an edgy punk like yourself can ever get along with a preppy? After all, if this weren't the problem, you could just start shopping at BR instead of Hot topic.

I think you gotta put your labels aside and try to find what you really have in common. Talk about school, or talk about music or movies or something. If you like him, you like him. If the other punks can't deal with that, then that's silly.

One other thing, punk isn't in the clothes you wear or even the music you listen to. It's an attitude, a rebellious spirit. You can walk around naked and still be far more punk than anyone who ever wore a leather collar with 6 inch spikes.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.