Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I'm Lost.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Lost.....
vballchck
Activist
Member # 11398

Icon 4 posted      Profile for vballchck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've become very lost this year!! Ok i don't know what i'm going be when i grow..i actually have no idea what i'm going to be. about 2 years ago i wanted to be a vet..i didn't want to be anything else..i knew i was going to tech or anyother great vet school, but now..i have no idea. i like math, i love volleyball,i like COMPETITVE cheerleading (sry for the bold, i just wanted to make that clear) i love art (like drawing, painting, and creating things) i thought about being a math teacher, a coach..anything..but i don't want to be in front of people and teach then or anything..and its bugged me..i don't even know what college to go to anymore...i'm almost at the end of 9th grade..and its kinda close to when i have to decide.

another things is i don't if some people are my friends anymore..they were, but they seem to get annoyed w/ me alot and then ignore me, they don't talk to me much anymore...and it kind of bugs me...i hate it.. i thought they were my friends but they seem to have deserted me or something..and its got me confused...

i'm just lost now..i don't know what to do..i mean what is the purpose of life..we live..then we die...we have to pay for things to keep us alive.. we have things that aren't alive..its just soo confusing..today i felt like ..like nothing..i felt..what is the purpose of life..we live for a while..learn about things we use what we learn...then we die..there is no purpose...i don't know...i just feel so lost now..i don't know about life anymore..or what i'm going to do..please help....thank you for you time :-)

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to send this over to Support Groups, where I think you'll be able to find more help than here.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm pretty much have the same problem. Ever since I can remember I wanted to be a vet, there was no question about it, that's just what I always wanted to be. But this year I thought about it and I was thinking "I don't like science, and I don't like math so why am I going to be a vet?".

I don't want to take science and math all the way through highschool, so I've realized that being a vet is really not what I want to do. I like animals but that just isn't enough.

Anyways I'm near the end of grade 10 and I have no idea what I want to do as a career when I'm older. It bothers me too, but hon you have 3 or 4 years of highschool left, which is plenty of time to figure out what you want to do with your life.

About your friends, the only thing you can do is get new friends. Seriously, you don't want to associate yourself with people who are just going to hurt you and make you feel bad about yourself.

And about life, well hun, It's pretty much all about living your life to the fullest. Just have fun doing what you like to do, and you won't have to worry about why we were put here. Obviously everyone dies, but lots of people have great lives, you just have to figure stuff out, and live life to the fullest (that's my opinion), because I used to think the same way you did. But then I think about all the things that make me so happy and I realize I don't have to care about why we're here, I'm just going to enjoy what I have, and do the things that I enjoy and make me happy.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatsthatmommy
Activist
Member # 7869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatsthatmommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
be a personal appearance consultant. They tell famous people what they gotta do. Sounds like a cool job huh? Just my thoughts ill go back to being crazy.

------------------
Get close to your friends, but closer to your enemies.

Posts: 69 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miss_hive
Neophyte
Member # 10202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miss_hive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you're... 14? 15? You've got -forever- to decide. You don't even have to go to college right away after high school- or ever, for that matter. A lot of people spend their lives doing different things, changing their careers all through life. People go BACK to college to change careers all the time.

Unless your parents are pressuring you to decide now, that's a different story. If they are, tell them to back off- it's your life, and you're still figuring things out.

I hope you find something you're really passionate about, someday. There's really no rush.

Posts: 28 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.