Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Prude.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prude.
rosjoniblue
Neophyte
Member # 11905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosjoniblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 15 years old, going on 16, and have no yet done ANYTHING with a boy.
I haven't been kissed and all the other stuff.
I feel as if I am the only person who hasn't been kissed because in school that's all the girls talk about.
How many boys they dated,kissed, had sex with and even though it makes them sound like whores.. it makes me feel like a prude.

Because of me not doing anything yet, my mother has a tendency to call me gay... but that's not making me feel horrible, it just makes me realise what a closeminded person she is since she acts like being gay is wrong.

Anyone else having this problem?

Posts: 7 | From: philly | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alot of people haven't kissed people at 16. It's not a big deal, you don't have to have sexual experience to be happy or considered 'prude' or lower than these other girls who have had experience.
Just wait until you're ready there's no rush to be experienced.
And about your mom thinking you're gay, just say 'Hey mom, I'm not gay'. She can think what she wants but you know who you are.

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing is normal, but the way you're responding to others' experiences is offensive. You might want to just tell your mother she's making you feel uncomfortable, and that you find her judgement of your sexuality inapproriate.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
persephone801
Neophyte
Member # 12100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for persephone801     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when you mention other girls sounding like whores for their choices... you don't sound like the normal girl who just hasn't kissed at sixteen, but someone with some issues. If boys is ALL your frinds ever talk about, find new, less single-minded ones ( I'n not saying ditch the old ones), maybe they arn't sinlgminded, you're just obsessing and hear what you want to hear, introduce other topics into the conversation which you feel more comfortable about and see what happens when you say, "and let's not talk about silly boys right now."
Posts: 29 | From: Okieville, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here are some threads about first kisses and people who haven't kissed yet, or people who didn't get their first kiss till they were a little bit older.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/000716.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001256.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001730.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/001801.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum3/HTML/002059.html

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coldplayer
Activist
Member # 12431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coldplayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i havent been kissed yet either and it makes me think 'whats wrong with me?' and my self-esteem gets lower and lower and lower...
Posts: 68 | From: England | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.