Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » i want it over

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i want it over
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im so tired of everything. ive had this stupid group project where me and a couple others have been working soo much, and other people have hardly done ANYTHING for it, but we get the same grade...in band i never practice,and the teacher made me sign up for UIL, and i dont know my music..its on friday!!! i was sick and couldnt practice with my group either. i didnt even WANT to do it. i have tons of makeup work and i havent finished it yet, and i left some at my friends house after working on the project. i broke my clock. i feel like im so...materialistic. im sick of having this phone and computer and clothes and cds. i hate who i am. i feel ready to trade with some poor kid in a third world country who doesnt do projects or worry about wars.. someone who doesnt know things that i know. my grades are slipping in band especially. im smart i know so i make it through with good grades, but im tired of this.i just dont know. today after working on project i came home and just cried and i want to quit. i want to go somewhere far far away where i dont have to worry anymore. i dont want to be me anymore because i hate myself. i do stupid stuff. have ocd and can never make any decisions. im slacking off in band. i snap at my parents when they didnt do anything. i just...theres always something you know? homework or projects, birthday present needs to be bought,everything. i just want to stop. i want it over. its to hard and i hate myself for thinking that because i have it so easy! we have enough money that we are comfortable, not rolling in cash but good, i have parents and friends, i have some sense, no big trauma in my life, and i dont know whats wrong with me anymore. i did do a search before posting, but nothing really matched how i feel.
Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm. Kids in third world countries are often FIGHTING wars, lass. From about age 12 onward in some places. Many wouldn't worry about grades because they'd be too busy worrying about helping to keep some meager food on their families table and they can't afford the supplies to go to school at all. I assure you, it wouldn't be the great trade you think it is.

What sounds to be wrong with you is that youare capital-S Stressed Out.

Why don't you sit down and breathe. Then make a list of all you have on your plate right now and figure out what you can tackle and what you just can't. Do what you CAN do first.

And perhaps find something to let off some of that steam with. Exercise, meditation, primal screaming in the backyard, whatever works for you.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.