Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Just Great...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just Great...
Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TifaStrife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I haven't been here in a while because I've been trying to heal myself mentally. After a medication change and speaking with my therapist about new issues, I feel I am okay now, at least stable.

But all that has come at a cost. I have now just flunked out of my first semester of college. The school doesn't consider mental rehabilitation as an excuse, especially when I didn't take much time off.

Also, I seem to have put way too much on my proverbial plate. I attended college a year early (I skipped 8th grade) and took their honors program, which is insanely difficult for anyone, never mind being only 17 and having severe anxieties and night terrors to the point of hallucination.

So I'm back at home. I haven't told my friends yet, even though I have spoken with them briefy since I found out. My parents are being supportive and are helping me to find a decent full-time job, hopefully in a nearby office.

And I really want to attend another school as an incoming freshman this fall. I know they have to look at my past records and I'm just really hoping that they let me in.

My mind is okay. I just have to figure everything else out now.

[This message has been edited by TifaStrife (edited 01-09-2003).]

Posts: 37 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* hang in there Tifa. I know a lot of people for whom starting college was rough. It was rough for me, too. But I knew my limits and while I didn't exactly meet the expectation I had coming in, I understood college is something else entirely.

My exboyfriend on the other hand did end up leaving the university after three semesters because of poor performance. For a long time, he was very depressed, but he did get his life back on track (did some community college and then enlisted with the military -- although that's not the route for everybody). A lot of people I know who had a tough first year found that community college is a godsend for starting over and getting a better foothold as far as grades go, and in quite a number of cases, they leave with better GPAs than the ppl who spent all 4 years at the same university.

Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.