Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Strange Dream

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strange Dream
tigress
Activist
Member # 9461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother recently passed away and I'm still having a hard time with it partially because I never got to say goodbye, and I can't remember when the last time I saw her was before her death. I've had two dreams in the past few weeks that have been very upsetting to me, and I'd like help in determining what they mean, if you can.

The first one is when I'm at my other grandmother's house (the one who is still alive) and my whole family is there, including my deceased grandmother. The thing is, my deceased grandmother won't face me. She is walking around backwards and I can't see her face. That one wasn't too bad, I just woke up and thought it was only a dream and sometimes dreams are weird like that.

Well the second one I had last night, and this one woke me up in a cold sweat and I was shaking. It was dark outside, and I was on some long dark road in what seemed as the middle of nowhere. I could see my deceased grandmother ahead of me about 100 ft. I started running towards her, but she kept getting further and further away. I cried out to her, but she couldn't hear me. Then I woke up.

I'm thinking this is maybe my subconcious playing tricks with me because I didn't get to say goodbye to her.

Posts: 119 | From: SoRoa | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
britt0285
Activist
Member # 11036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for britt0285     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really sorry about your grandmother. If you are really having a hard time coping maybe you should think about seeing a therapist for a while. If you still feel like you are needing help understanding your dreams you can probably search for a dream interpretation website, i have you one before and they are fairly vague but it may help.
Posts: 87 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Useful dream interpretation comrs more from realising how the dream made you feel than expecting isolated objects to be symbolic, I'd say. In your dreams, you were aware of your grandmother, but she was distanced from you, and you were unable to make contact. That's much like how things are now, isn't it? Your grandmother's on your mind, but you can't reach her; such is the nature of losing someone you love, and it's really painful, but inevitable. You're still grieving. While these dreams are upsetting, I think they're natural, and it is better to realise how you feel than try to deny it. I've had similar, I didn't get to say goodbye either, but in time the pain dulls, and you get on with things.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.