Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » how do I tell them?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do I tell them?
Bradhadair
Neophyte
Member # 11202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bradhadair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bi but havent come out yet. How do I tell my friends and family? Should I leave it a secret until i find a partner or what? I've always been very open but this is very hard, but at least I have admitted it to myself, now for stage 2...please help me anyone who's homosexual/bisexual who had to tell their family and friends.

------------------
'To the world someone is just a person, but to a person, someone is the world!'

Posts: 10 | From: Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people recommend waiting to tell your family until you have an "escape hatch". Read THIS thread where Dude_who_writes and others give good advice.

Also read The Bees and...the Bees - A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer and Don't Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out (Or: How to Come Out of the Closet Without Tripping Over the Laundry).

------------------
"There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread." -Mother Teresa

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -Theodore Rubin

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 6 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am bi-sexual, currently with the opposite gender. i didnt tell all of of my friends due to their beliefs and only my father offically knows i am bi, i have a step sister who is a lesbian so he took it well.(as long as i give him a grandchild)) i never told my mother but she thinks what she wants anyway. my family for the most part is very closed minded. i chose not to tell all of them in order to protect them. i do understand your problem though. follow your heart. you will make the right choice that is best for you.
Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bradhadair
Neophyte
Member # 11202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bradhadair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx for the advice and links!

------------------
'To the world someone is just a person, but to a person, someone is the world!'

Posts: 10 | From: Essex, England | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.