Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I think i might be pregnate and i dont know what to do

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think i might be pregnate and i dont know what to do
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 5 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been with my b/f for almost 3 yrs. Due to current circumstances we are on opposite sides of the United States. We see eachother not as often as we both would like. I have been on birth control for about 2 months now to trying to regulate my period. I wanted to stop taking it cuz it was geting me sick but stayed on it due to the fact he was coming to visit me. He knew i was on the pill so he came inside of me.I reached the day to take my sugar pill and my period didnt come. It is now 2 weeks late and im scared. If u are on birth control can you get pregante? I dont know what to do.
Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The birth control pill is very effective (if you're taking it consistently and according to the instructions) - but it's not 100% effective. No method of contraception is (apart from refraining from all activities with a pregnancy risk).

That's one reason why at Scarleteen we tend to recommend doubling up contraceptive methods (e.g. using condoms as well as the birth control pill, for back-up as well as STD protection).

So it is possible that you could be pregnant, I'm afraid. However, there are also other things that can delay your period.

I suggest you go and take a pregnancy test a.s.a.p. That's the only way of getting a definite answer.

If you're not pregnant, then the test will enable you to relax. And if you are pregnant, then you need to know as soon as possible so you can decide what to do next.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 8 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but if i am pregnate i am afraid that he will blaime me. he is in the military and has enough worries about the war, i dont want him to get hurt because of me. i did not want to trap him in any way but i am scared he will leave me and hate me for this.i love him so much. can a pregnacy test work this early?
illusion

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pregnancy test should be effective as soon as you've missed a period.

And it takes two to make a baby. Military or not, there's no excuse for blaming or hating someone for an act that both parties are responsible for. If you were doing what you could to prevent pregnancy, you are NOT trying to hurt or trap him with something he chose to do anyway. Any man who'd hold something like that against you is not one who deserves your love.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, your right. I guess that is what i am most affraid of. He has been with other women who have tried to "claim" a child is his, i remember how much he hated those women, that at one time he had loved. But if i am pregnate than that is something we both have to face together right? if he loves me, he will understand i didnt mean for this to happen won't he? im not like those he has been with. i love him and would never hurt him. i just cant stand the thought of losing him because of something like this.
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he's a real man, he'll stand by you. If not, you're better off without him. You might want to consider what he was doing in relationships that all ended with hatred and questionable paternity claims. I don't mean to be too harsh, but this is some serious stuff we're dealing with here, and if you're going to be a parent, you need to make sure you're doing right by your child and yourself.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

I want a boy for my birthday . . .

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to clarify, as I'm confused by your first post.

Were you taking your pills properly when this occurred, or had you stopped taking them, but had not informed your partner of this?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was taking the pills reguarly. i dont remember missing one. if i had stopped taking the pills i would have said something to him, please don't miss understand, I'm in college and he is basicly at war , i would never try to make his life more difficult for him.He has enough to worry about without me adding to the list.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not blaming love, was just making sure I wasn't missing something.

If you are pregnant, no, he isn't obligated to deal with it with you, but you know, let's just hope that he does for now, okay? If not, you can deal with it, really. But have a little faith and give him a chance to do that first. You'rte saying you're worried he'll bring HIS past experiences to the table on this, so don't you bring them there as well, in expecting him to act as he's acted or felt before. Give a guy a chance.

If he loves you, we can likely assume he trusts you and thus, when you tell him (if you are indeed, pregnant -- do get a test done as soon as it will be effective) the truth, that should be enough. If it isn't, it isn't, and you can work from there.

But why don't you start by doing what you need to for yourself, finding out what is up in terms of a pregnancy, and take it from there, faith intact.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
illusionprincess
Neophyte
Member # 11245

Icon 4 posted      Profile for illusionprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i will get a test done , thank you all very much, you helped alot.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.