Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Bad moods, Or more?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad moods, Or more?
stephywephy
Neophyte
Member # 9540

Icon 5 posted      Profile for stephywephy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes, when I'm all alone and have no one to talk to, I get really sad. I know I prolly sound like a little glr or some thing but it's more than just feeling a lil down. I start to cry really bad. I don't know why it just comes out. I feel like I wanna just smother, or stop breathing. I think about everything that's wrong with me.. Everything I lack, everything I need, just everything. I feel like the lowest form of shit. I can't stand to look in the mirror. I'm just too ugly, I can't take knowing that's me I'm looking at. I have no talent. I don't see how anyone can stand to be around me. All my friends are better than me some how. I'm out of place with them. Besides the little bit of friends that I do have, no one likes me. How could they? I have nothing to offer. When I get in one of these 'moods' I feel like I'm stuck in my skin. I have to get out some how. I feel like I want to just cut my wrists... Maybe not to die, but just for some kind of outlet. I can't take it. Ugh I hate it all.

------------------
[i]'...I dont know how long i can last
with you moaning crazy ...'

Posts: 4 | From: cincinnati | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Activist
Member # 9649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awhile ago i felt like that but never wanted to cut my self if i was alone witch iam and always was home alone a longe time if i started to worrie about something every litttle thing mad eme upset just like you i started geting scared of high school and it just got worse then i taalked to my mom about how i felt and she helped me and talked to me and now i don't feel like that or get sad and angry at my self try talking to your parents
Posts: 63 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No matter how bad you feel about yourself or your situations, cutting yourself won't do anything at all.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum9/HTML/000054.html
Have a look at that thread, it is about self mutaliation and things.

Well I think the best bet is for you to talk to someone, anyone about this. A trusted adult, parent, consuler, friend, anyone who might be able to help you out a little bit.

No, you don't sound like a little girl at all. Alot of people have problems like you are dealing with right now.

Maybe next time you are in these moods, write down everything you feel and see if it helps get you out. Or call up someone. Do something, but don't hurt yourself.

Hugs.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duckling
Neophyte
Member # 9531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duckling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't cut yourself! No no no no no no no. I used to cut myself, and frankly, it messed me up a lot. Hurting yourself or other people is not a very good way to deal with pain, loneliness, or anger. Get a punching bag, or go running. It's hard to feel bad when you're completely physically exhausted. I feel really good when I run because it's like my blood's moving faster and my body aches and I just want more more more of that adrenaline! I also talk to a therapist, who helps a LOT. She's helped me through some unbelievably tough times. Maybe you should think about seeing one. If you're in school, chances are your school has an in-house therapist or psychiatrist. My advice is to check out therapy and maybe join a gym. Something like that.
Posts: 36 | From: US of A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For starters, the fact that you want to cut yourself is a sign that you want someone to see that you are in deep pain.

I cut myself many times in the past month, and at first I thought I didn't want anyone to see it because I was embarrassed, but when my close friends saw, and got worried about me, I felt a little better because I knew someone cared, and that helped me alot, and I haven't cut in a week or so... that's not very long, but for me it's pretty
long.

But frankly honey, there's obviously something wrong, you might have manic depression for all we know, but the point is you need professional help soon, especially since you are feeling the urge to cut, but let me tell you, it's not worth it, I get asked about my wrists alot now (there are huge scars) and it's embarrassing, because there are certain people I don't want know about my problems.

I haven't gotten professional help yet, but I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow (yay), To help me with my drug/cutting problem.

Is there anyone adult/friend/parent or anyone that you trust that you can talk to about your depression? You should really tell your parents, it might seem scary to do, but you'd be surprised at how supportive they can be, I was pretty damn surprised myself.

So make sure you tell someone, because based on what you said, you really need some sort of therapy/counselling.

Hope you feel better soon =]

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your self esteem seems pretty low and I agree that you should strongly consider getting counselling. However, I wonder if it's something that may require hospitalization.

The sooner you seek the care you need, the higher probability there is that you'll be better off. The longer you wait could make things worse.

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.