Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » sooooo depressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sooooo depressed
comfusedlilcutie
Neophyte
Member # 8153

Icon 9 posted      Profile for comfusedlilcutie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
this is my secound time posting this here cuz some one told me this would be a great place for some help. Well here go's...

I have been really depressed lately I don't really have a reason but I find myself crying like all the time sometimes I have to bit my lip really hard to stop myself cuz I am at skool!! I think it has to do with the fact that this hasn't been a great year for me.
see last I think May my uncle died of cancer I never got to say a proper "Good bye" to him he was sooo incredible to me and my sisters and espeicaily my mom.Then about two mounths later my grannie passed away in her sleep.(for the record I can't really cry infront of people much less alone in situations like this so I kept it all inside).My grannie was so awsome but I rarely saw her cuz I live in cali and she (and my uncle) lived in Nebraska.I never said "good-bye to her either.then this year I was with this really great guy then he dumped me for no reason(or so he says) I still have really big feelings for him I have begon to think about killing myself thats how deppressed I feel. I haven't seen a therapist cuz I am to afraid to tell my parents that I need one.My big sis is already seeing one and I don't want them to feel like awfule parents cuz two of their daughters need therapy.I should also mention that My dad is always working he works from 7:00 am to 2:00 am I hardly ever see him I used to see him every day cuz he had been fired so he was always there now I never see him unless We go to the baseball stadium where he works!Also I don't think I am very attractive cuz I used to where glasses but have conacts now I have freckles every were so I feel like I am very very ugly and that no guy wants to be with me (partly why I think my B/F dumped me) I really need serious help I don't have a clue about what to do !! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Posts: 8 | From: Fresno,California ,U.S. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, honey, paragraphs are good. Such huge blocks of text are tough to read.

It sounds like you're a normal person who's been through some tough times and a lot of changes recently, and your depression seems pretty normal to me. Have you tried talking to your school counselor? Honestly, if you're thinking about hurting yourself, you really need to open up to someone professional. It's nothing to be embarassed about. You have math teachers to help you learn math, right? And the same for all your other academic subjects? Well sometimes we need folks to help us deal with the emotional aspects of our lives, too, and that's okay. Your parents will understand. After all, the deaths of people you love and the other upheavals aren't their fault.

As for the freckles, some folks think freckles are beautiful and even sexy. My ex used to count mine and play "connect the dots" but as I have freckles in some very interesting places we somehow always got distracted and he never did finish counting. If your ex-boyfriend dumped you because of your freckles he wasn't worth keeping and you should consider yourself lucky to be free of him. Enjoy being single; take the opportunity to spend time with your family and friends and to do things you enjoy. Smile at people. Sooner or later somebody who appreciates you the way you deserve will come along.

[This message has been edited by Lady Moonlight (edited 05-10-2002).]

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.