Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » help .. really really scared.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help .. really really scared.
aeris_gainsborough
Neophyte
Member # 8079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aeris_gainsborough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
recently i started dating a guy and we've gotten close in the tenure of time we've known each other. but the thing is.. whenever we start kissing or something, i get a scared, trapped, smothered feeling in my stomach. and it isn't just because of this guy. any other time i've had a relationship, i get that feeling.. i'm so scared because i don't know what's wrong with me.
Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 7 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, there's nothing "wrong" with you!

Y'know, your subconscious has great ways of telling you something, and there are plenty of reasons why intimacy could be making you feel panicky.

How much do you "like" this guy? Perhaps you're generally not comfortable with kissing him, and your mind and body are collaborating to say "I don't like this." I can only speak through personal experience, and if I found myself kissing someone that I wasn't 100% comfortable kissing, I'd probably feel like that too.

How old are you? Are you worrying that kissing might lead to other things you don't want / aren't ready for?

Whatever the situation, it's very apparent that kissing this guy makes you uncomfortable and you can't relax. Only you can really ask yourself the questions that will lead to the answer, though...

[This message has been edited by earth girl (edited 05-05-2002).]

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Neophyte
Member # 8226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gideon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey well like earth girl said, there is nothing wrong with you!! Like earth girl also said, your subconsciousness does have a way of telling you things, and perhaps it's telling you that you are either not in the right relationship, not ready for whats going on, or shouldn't be doing whatevers happening. Just a thought

Posts: 3 | From: CA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.