Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » You're not the only one...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You're not the only one...
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been around much, and that's for a really important reason. A couple of weeks ago I overdosed on sleeping pills. My habit had caught up with me and I took way too many. I was rushed to the hospital, sent to a psychiatric hospital, and now I have a therapist. I have lost all my trust with my parents and most of my friends. I'm not allowed on the computer, and all the medicine in the house is locked up. My little brother has to babysit me after school. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting a little more freedom.

I just wanted to let those with substance abuse problems that they aren't the only ones. During these past couple of weeks, I have needed so much support, so now I want to share my support with others. If I can get through this, so can others.

It's also good to point out that not only illegal drugs are dangerous. I took regular old Simply Sleep, which is basically Benadryl. I was also hooked on Tylenol PM, Unisom, and various other sleep aids.

I would also like to apologize for not listening to those of this website who acknowledged my problem. I know I couldn't really listen because I was in my old little world, but still... I'm sorry. But... Also thank you for being concerned.

So... Just remember, no one's alone.

Feel free to contact me if they please. My email address is probably around here somewhere.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww...keoki_14, i was wondering where you were. Just remember as you said, you are definatly not alone, and there are a lot of people around here who really care for you.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcake
Activist
Member # 4356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<sheepishly> we missed you!
Posts: 433 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* gal, we missed ya around here. i'm just glad to hear you're okay and you're getting help.

------------------
oh, don't even po-mo me, baby...

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, everyone. It feels extremely good to hear someone say that they missed me. It makes me feel important and stuff. Thanks all.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.