Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » oh, so sad...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oh, so sad...
girlie*
Activist
Member # 5257

Icon 2 posted      Profile for girlie*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and i ..(of about 3 years) jsut broke up. we are going to be friends, and i am glad we broke up, but im so sad...
i wasnt happy with him, i just dont feel happy without him either. i just like i tried so much harder than he did in the relationship, and he wasnt happy anyway.
i just odnt know what to do now to get over him. i want to move on, and live for ME for once.
any suggestions?

Posts: 118 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just.Lil.Ole.Me
Activist
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just.Lil.Ole.Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The SAME thing just happened to a dear friend of mine. I'm sure something like that is majorly upsetting, and I'm sure it hurts like hell, but think of it this way, If something isn't meant to be, something will stop it in time.

Think of this time to learn who you are, what you like and what you want to change and become. The only thing that you can take out of a break up is EXPERIENCE and in the next relationship you have, you can better it because you'll know how you want things to be and how to make eachother happy.

Go out with some friends and have a good time, curl up and read a good book or just do your own thing, errands you may need to do, etc. Remember, only YOU can decide to make changes for yourself and right now is a great opportunity to do that..

Posts: 54 | From: Tampa | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 3 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you remember the reason you guys broke up? Everytime you find yourself wondering about him, remind yourself WHY you broke up. When I broke up with my second boyfriend I ever had, a girlfriend of mine suggested taking out a list, jotting down all the reasons for being with the guy, and not being with him, and sticking it on the fridge. I'm not recommending you necessarily do it, but I'm sure whatever it is, you made the right decision, and be aware of that. Break-ups are never easy, but, like Just.Lil.Ole.Me, I recommend sitting down doing something else - reading a book, babysitting, having a cup of coffee, spending a totally guy-free day with a good girlfriend of yours, or even writing poetry. You will get out of this, and when you do, you'll be a better, stronger person.

------------------
"Ah, what can ail thee, wretched wight, / Alone and palely loitering"
-La Belle Dame Sans Merci, John Keats

"And for his mum he hired a private nurse. / And every Sunday taxied her to church. / And he blubbed when she went from bad to worse. / And twice he lifted ten quid from her purse. / Here's how they rated him when they looked back: / sometimes he did this, sometimes he did that."
-Poem, Simon Armitage

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster / And treat those two impostors just the same"
-If, Rudyard Kipling

PS. Should you ever come across these poems, I recommend you read them.

Dahlia

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.