Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » family problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: family problems
Member # 5789

Icon 9 posted      Profile for catheren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all bagan 5 and a half years ago when i got melestered before it happened i thought that this wouldn't happen to me but it has and when my mam told my dad he went bolistic and we don't talk or see eah other any more apart from xmas and we still don't talk then hardleys and it is breaking my heart because i want my dad in my life he has now re married to some one else and i don't like her so i don't bother ever since that has happened i can't get on with my life.

I have loving boyfriend and i told him, but when i told him i thought that i would forget about it but i can't as it is eating me away in side like mad we have arguments when i think about it but he does not know what i am thinking as i don't talk to him about it i just start the arguments every time i think about it and it hurts me because i feel that i am taking it out on him all the time as i shouldn't because it wasn't his falt as we weren't togehter then the bloke that did it to me got of from lack of evidence i got some counciling when i had to talk about it to the socail services but that was it.

can anyone help me please or give me some advice on how to cope with it please

Posts: 2 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 3072

Icon 2 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ohhh Cath, I'm sorry that you have so much nasty stuff going on at the moment. I am going to transfer this thread to "Support Groups," where I think you'll be able to find all sorts of people who can help you out, and maybe even some who have been in your position before. Good luck to you!

"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Cath...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. I know a lot of people can identify with what you're going through.

First of all, I'm a little unclear about your home situation. It seems like you are blaming the fact that you don't often see your dad on the fact that you were molested. But it seems from your post that the real reason you don't see your dad is because your parents are divorced, hon.

That can be hard. Your dad may feel guilty about getting divorced, and he may also feel guilty about not having prevented the abuse or protected you. Maybe he feels really bad, too, and has a hard time dealing with that.

As to your boyfriend, you're probably lashing out at him because you're angry. And if being molested isn't enough reason to be angry, having the guy get off would understandably make you angry, too.

It really sounds like you need some help, someone to talk to. Do you know how to start that process? You need to go to your GP and ask for a referral for counselling. In the meantime, you can call Childline and they can also help you - they can be someone to talk to, and help you find some resources. Their website is at and the number is right at the top. It's free to call, although you might have to call a few times. Just keep trying.

Counselling can help you work through your anger and work through what happened, and can help you talk to your dad about your current situation.

Please know that a lot of people have been where you are, and come through it with hard work. It's painful and miserable sometimes, but you can get control of your life back... honestly.

Hope this helps,

[This message has been edited by DarlingBri (edited 11-07-2001).]

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.