Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » I am at wit's end now, dont know where life is heading??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am at wit's end now, dont know where life is heading??
lanegritalinda2002
Activist
Member # 5380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lanegritalinda2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just lost my job today. because somebody falsely accused me of stealing when i didnt do anything. l loved my job, and people would not listen to what i had to say. my mom is constantly throwing it in my face, which doesnt make it any better. i just feel like nobody ever wants to listen to me. i have to keep a job to support myself, because my parents dont help me with thethings i need for school. my friends say that something better will come, but when???
Posts: 50 | From: stnmtn ga usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're 18, sometimes you must be patient. Just continue with your education and try to get another job. And hey, if you want, you can go to to nalicity.com and click on forums... once the forums have popped up.. go to Other stuff ... My name is IB... they're innitials so once you see the innitials IB, you will know that's me... look at my siggy and there's my email address... you can email me and i can talk to you one-on-one.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What goes down must come up. This has to be true for this situation too. It's all in your attitude ... Keep you chin up and keep hunting for jobs. I've been trying for a year now and still haven't got one. But i'm still trying. If you're afraid to fail, you'll never win. Stay positive, okie?

SolitaryTear ~ When we said you couldn't post your email address, we didn't say you could post HOW to get to it. Stop trying to get around the rules okie? Please?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
violet
Neophyte
Member # 4577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for violet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in my experience, when bad stuff happens, you get down about it,and then something not great will happen, and it'll seem like the worst thing in the world. pretty soon you feel like you're stuck in this hole, and you can't quite see over the edge. you look at everything in a different way, like you know stuff was okay before, but you can't quite remember how to be like that. the good news is it don't last. you can get through it, you can get another job- and maybe everything does happen for a reason and this next job will be better, or through it you'll meet someone who'll change your life. just remember as long as you're alive there are a milion ways your life could go, and nothing lasts forever- not even the bad stuff. i hope that wasn't too pollyanna for you, cause theres some truthful stuff in there, however dumb it sounds. good luck x
Posts: 29 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helencwatters
Neophyte
Member # 5408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helencwatters     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so many more employers out there willing to take on a capable young woman such as yourself. Your mother's cruelty in reminding you of what you were falsly accused of is not needed in this situation and I suggest you try and ignore it as best you can. YOU know you haven't done wrong so its time to pick your feet back up and get out there and show them who's boss!

Hugs
Helen

------------------
Helen Watters
--edited--
From the guidelines:
"For your safety, we ask that you not post personal information, such as full names, phone numbers, personal photos and/or e-mail or postal addresses."

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 09-28-2001).]

Posts: 7 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.