Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » worry wart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: worry wart
Chic495
Neophyte
Member # 4661

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Chic495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a serious problem, and this is it: I worry WAY too much. It isn't about just anything though, its mainly about getting pregnant. I am NOT sexually active, and I know I do NOTHING that could possibly get me pregnant, but I still worry. I sometimes have to change underwear five times a day because it fell on the floor and I am afriad there is sperm everywhere! I can't possibly get pregnant from anything, but I am still scared and worried. Even if I have a wet spot on my pants from a drink or something I have to change them because for some strange reason I think it is sperm! I don't understand why I have this strange fear! I've tried to tell my mom about it, but I think she'll think I'm weird because of it. Can anyone please help me? I don't know whether this is serious or not, I just want to stop worrying about something that I know will never happen to me because I am NOT sexually active and I do NOTHING that could get me pregnant! I don't even have a boyfriend! Please help.
~*Sabriella*~

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Doe
Activist
Member # 3836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Doe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I am not a shrink, it sounds to me like possible obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD. That is treatable by a combination of therapy and perscription drugs. i would strongly advise you to see a shrink about it. Only a psychiatrast or psycologist would be able to really make the diagnosis.
Posts: 475 | From: ohio | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Def sounds like something psychological. You're completely aware that you are at no risk of becoming pregnant; you're not performing ANY sexual acts, you know that it's completely normal for certain fluids to exit your own body... and,well, something spilling on your pants is most definitely not sperm!

As embarassing as it may sound, talking to someone about it might help a lot. It could be something like OCD. You can read more about it here --> http://www.ocfoundation.org/
and if it's at all possible, RELAX. Breathe. You're at ZERO risk, and have absolutely nothing to worry about.

------------------
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal"
~Incubus

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chic495
Neophyte
Member # 4661

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Chic495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both very much for responding to my letter. I went to the website you recommended, Lilnerd, and took a quiz to see whether or not I was OCD. The test came up positive to OCD tendancies, so my mother arranged for me to see a psychiatrast in the next week. Thank you again for your help, with out it I might never have realized this.
~*Sabriella*~

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chic495, I have OCD! If it turns out that you DO have OCD, feel free to contact me to talk at any time. My ICQ number is 113412037, or "SocksAreOppressive", if you don't have ICQ. I'm also on a lot of support groups, so I could give you some information. Either way, keep us all posted!

::Hugs::

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"To the beemobile!"
"You mean your Chevy?"
"Yes."

The All-New Only In Dreams Blog!

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donutduchess
Activist
Member # 4675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donutduchess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope everything turns out good.

And in the future when refering to a psychologist please dont say shrink. It can offend ppl including me! Thanks!

Posts: 76 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
preciouspinkdoll
Neophyte
Member # 4975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for preciouspinkdoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you have some psychological problems! Maybe you were abused or something when you were older, I dunno but I suggest that u seek therapy or counseling or your fear and constant worrying will never be cured.

------------------

Posts: 14 | From: modesto CA U.S.A | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roxy2305
Neophyte
Member # 8613

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Roxy2305     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chic495.. I'm sitting here in hysterical tears because you're going through EXACTLY what I have been going through for the past year and a half... I know it sounds bad, but it makes me feel so great to know that I'm not the only one, I have exactly the same fears as you.. underwear drops on the floor, it goes into the laundry basket, get a drink spilled on the pants, goes into the laundry.. I already posted a larger more detailed version of my story on the support groups section under "Obsessive Compulsive Disorder", and I didn't read this thread before I posted.. I can't thank you enough for sharing, and I can't thank Scarleteen enough for enabling this message board to give someone like me hope like this... Thank you!!

[This message has been edited by Roxy2305 (edited 06-14-2002).]

Posts: 5 | From: NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Roxy. We're not encouraged to give out contact information for our own safety on this site.

I'm not an advocate so I can't edit your post, though! Please do so.

------------------
If you don't daydream and kind of plan things out in your imagination, you'll never get there. So you have to start someplace.
Robert Duvall

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
light_faerie
Activist
Member # 7498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for light_faerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roxy--

I know how you feel, I have OCD too, but for other reasons other than that. (PS: I used to be Chic495, changed my name). It's a scary thing, because now it's affecting my relationship with my boyfriend and my self confidence and feelings of actual sanity. I don't know whats going on with me nowadays. But I hope things work out for you, don't give up.

~light_faerie

Posts: 67 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angel07
Activist
Member # 8018

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Angel07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey! just last year i had ocd too. and while i was worried about everything(like not saying goodnite or dying or ANYTHING) i also had the EXACT same thing you worried about! i had never even KISSED a guy but i was so scared i would be pregnant somehow. i also had to wash my hands so many times a day they got all dry and would bleed sometimes from being dry. before i told anyone about it i thought i was going crazy or that i was possessed! but i went to a pychcatrist and got on prozac. if you think you have ocd, go to one! and medicine (properly prescribed)can help sooo much! just writing to tell yall that it isnt weird and you arent going insane, and you can get stuff to help.

[This message has been edited by Angel07 (edited 06-22-2002).]

Posts: 131 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.