Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » abuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: abuse
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im watching a talk show about husbands and boyfriends that abuse their wives and girlfriends.

my dad used to beat my mom and me. it seemed that if we breathed the wrong way it meant a black eye.
it took my mom 12 years of abuse to finally leave my dad; he put me in the hospital after he threw me through a sliding glass door.

people say, why don't they just leave? are they that stupid to stay?
belive me, no one wants to stay. its fear, not stupidity.

if you know someone that is being abused, or if you are, get help.
i know its hard, its probably the scariest thing you'll ever have to do in your life. trust me, a much better life is waiting for you.

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JunkiePanda
Activist
Member # 4006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkiePanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my dad was pretty abusive towards me, he hit me and kicked me and once punched me in the head and my head hit the side of the garage...i was nine. he called me a moron, stupid, good for nothing, amount to nothing, and would continually ask me "what is WRONG with you?!" that might not seem all that harsh, but when you are eight years old and are over at a friends house and see him and his dad playing on the trampoline or building a skateboard ramp together...you start to wonder if there really is something wrong with you. i spent from the first memory of my father to 13 in fear of my father. he was an alcoholic and would actually steal quarters from my piggy bank to use on the tollway. he would come home at 4 in the morning and get three hours of sleep...i would want to go to the beach or go walk the dogs at the park or something simple like that...he would yell at me and we would do yardwork...he would get frustrated and hit me. every weekend for most of my life i cried. my mother was too afraid to do something...but one night we left...he called the car phone and said that we could come back because he would be gone.since then me and my mother have grown strong and i have managed to completely get him out of my life. i am still trying to see what he has caused with in me. i know i have a real dislike for men in authority and i doubt myself a lot. if you or someone you know is being abused then get them help please.

[This message has been edited by JunkiePanda (edited 06-22-2001).]

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AngelElisheva
Activist
Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelElisheva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am lucky enough to have two extremely supportive parents, but some of my friends haven't been so lucky. One, we'll call her H, came to school about every other week with huge bruises on her legs and arms, and black eyes occasionally. We always asked her what happened, and it was always "I fell down the stairs" or "I ran into a chair/table/desk" or "I got hit with a softball." We all knew what was going on, but we didn't want to say anything; after all, this was Danville - nothing like that ever happened here, did it? As time progressed, these bruises became more frequent and uglier, and still we said nothing. I once tried to make her tell me what was going on, but she continually blamed it on herself, and thus felt that she didn't need to get out of her abusive situation. One day, H didn't come to school. My friends called her home; her father answered. He yelled at us to "stop calling his f***ing house, she's not home," and so we set out to look for her. My father works at the hospital; he came home that night shaken, having seen a girl being rushed to the ER with a concussion, multiple bruisings, blood all over the place - it wasn't that he hadn't seen anything worse, but just that it was so obviously some sort of abuse, not a car crash. We feared the worst, and of course we all rushed over. H's father almost killed her; it took that much to bring her to her senses and get her to leave.

For all of you out there in abusive relationships of any sort: it's not your fault, you do not need to stay in your relationship/home/etc., and so Get out of it! Please.

~Angel~

------------------
Nobody knows what you know, nobody's seen what you've seen, nobody's lived what you've lived...so why let them judge you?
~Personal Quote~

You know, Hobbes, sometimes I think the surest sign of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
~Calvin~

[This message has been edited by AngelElisheva (edited 06-26-2001).]

Posts: 176 | From: Middle of Nowhere, PA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if you guys would mind if this was moved over to Support Groups...
Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dzums wishes are my orders
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duff
Activist
Member # 2176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Abuse is really a hard thing to get out of. For a lot of people it's even hard for them to recognize that there's a problem and after they do that it's hard to deal with it. From the outside it might seem like a blatant thing, but inside the hearts of the abused the world is blurred and askew.
Posts: 162 | From: NYC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapphire85
Activist
Member # 2709

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapphire85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my best friends is abused by her father, and it's the scariest thing I have ever seen. One day she came in with a cut on her neck, and I just got so angry. She is a smart girl, beautiful, nice, high-achieving, responsible, and completely undeserving of this treatment. She does everything her father asks, and still, he hurts her. Her stepmother does nothing to stop it, and the father will not touch his wife, only his children. Nobody deserves abuse. Ever. If someone if abusing you, seek help with a trusted adult or the police. Please do not subject yourself to that kind of treatment.

------------------
"Do what you will, always..
Walk where you like, your steps...
Do as you please,
I'll back you up.." ~DMB

Posts: 121 | From: Some random suburb.. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.