Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Life's lessons ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Life's lessons ...
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I learned one a few nites ago actually. It wasn't the first time i've done something purposely ... knowing the concequences and still choosing to do it anyway.

I went to spend the nite w/ my bf. He said a few of his friends were coming over and they were going to have a few drinks. Uh huh ... A few drinks ended up w/; blood all over the kitchen floor as one girl fell flat on her face and almost broke her nose, my bfs friend upstairs in his room w/ me as his personal bodyguard b/c everyone thought (this hasn't been proven as they were both too drunk to know WHAT was going on) that he grabbed her chest and wanted to kick the sh*t out of him, beer and booze (hard liquor) and vomit and blood around different areas of the house ... And me and one other friend sober. Two sober people (as in zero alcohol in our systems) working w/ 15+ drunken idiots.

Why didn't i drink? I was scared. I'm on anti depressants right now and we all know that drinking and 'happy pills' really don't mix. I've never done it and i wasn't about to start. None of us are legally old enough to drink (legal age here is 19). They didn't even buy the stuff themselves ... My bf's brother got it for them. His parents weren't home. His brother (who is 22 or something) was upstairs sleeping. We had two fully (well, G2 at least) licensed drivers and only one of them was sober. There has got to be something wrong w/ this picture.

I knew they were planning to drink. I knew my bf would end up plastered. I knew there was a good chance i would be one of a few, if not the only one, sober there. I knew all of this and it didn't stop me. I scared the crap out of myself. I've never wanted to talk to my mom in all of my life. I almost called her ... long distance, from my bf's house. I was on the verge of an emotional breakdown.

That was the first and last time i will ever go somewhere where i know there will be booze and no parents. It's insane and totally not safe. It's all i can think about ... and how something that's so readily available can be so abused. I see it on both sides of my family but this was the first time i've seen my peers do it. And i was utterly disgusted.

This was one of those times i had to learn for myself. My mom and dad have told me 100x over not do it. And i did. Mom knows and Dad doesn't. Mom freaked out on me for going in the first place but said she was proud of me for not drinking. Actually, i'm pretty proud of me too.

We'll use this thread for sharing of stories like this ... Did your parents ever tell you something NOT to do and you did it anyway, fully aware of the concequences? Did it change how you viewed certain things (in my case, booze!)? Has it changed your life at all? Was this certain incident hard to forget?

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
in buddhism, there's the idea of the samsara, the vicious cycle of rebirth. they say you don't break out of the cycle till you've learned all of life's lessons (enlightenment). i can only guess i'm on my 5000th life or something -- 5000 tries, and i still can't get it right

i think whatever my mum told me about boys that i never seemed to heed was right. she was right. and i would flub up big time. i should listen to my mum more often

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.