Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Dreams and Reality

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dreams and Reality
loveable_me16
Neophyte
Member # 3931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveable_me16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I have been having some very intence dreams lattly and are of a very erotic nature. I know everyone has fantasy dreams but these seem to be more intence and are about my best friend and myself. I am 16 and she is 18 and we have been friends for ever and we are both very close and talk about everything.
With out going into details The dreams are about My best friend and my self engaging in sexual acts.
Could someone tell me if this dream means that i may be eather Bi or a lesbian or are they just fantasys.
Can some one give me a little advice Please.

------------------
I am who I am

Posts: 25 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I dream about cooking a large meal, does that make me a chef?

Seriously, though, dreams are just that --- dreams. Your brain is making up some stories to tell you while it does its processing work, and when they're erotic stories, you often get the physical reactions that accompany them.

Now, if when you're awake, you are having sexual or romantic feelings for your friend, then yeah, you might want to start thinking about what those feelings might be telling you.

Labels work better on jars than on people. If you don't feel that you identify as bisexual or lesbian, then it's probably not the right label for you.

erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*grins* at Erin.

Everything Erin said is true honey. You might also like to check out this fab article.

The Bees and the Bees

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable_me16
Neophyte
Member # 3931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveable_me16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand what you say Maybe it's because i would like to do something with her. but don't know how to begin. In the dreams everything happens smothly but in reality !!! so maybe im asking what do i do I think thats what i need help with. Going up to a guy is easy but going up to anouth girl....

------------------
I am who I am

Posts: 25 | From: Australia | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, what's the difference with going up to a girl and a guy?

I fail to see any. Just spend more time with her maybe let her know casually that you have been having feelings for her. Feelings stronger than friendship and see how she reacts.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable_me16
Neophyte
Member # 3931

Well i did it I told her what i was feeling and about the dreams. We had a mega talk all night and it ended up with a kiss not a peck on the cheek a real kiss YAY JUMPING around :) sorry
rambler
Activist
Member # 3023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rambler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Late, as usual, but hey...

That is great news, hon.
One thing which I wanted to say was that I could understand your nervous feelings about approaching your friend--if only because to do so you have to admit to yourself what you feel, which can take a while (it certainly took me quite some time), but I think, and I think you now know, that if you want something bad enough then all of those insecurities and anxieties sort of pale before it and you just bite the bullet. And you did and it worked. You go!

------------------
rambler
Visit disabledsex.org -- Disability and Sexuality.
Or, find out how to join the teen discussion list
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.
--Joe Ancis

Posts: 141 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable_me16
Neophyte
Member # 3931

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice and to let you know things are mooving quickly and i love it

------------------
I am who I am

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.