Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » School Shooting-at my school?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: School Shooting-at my school?
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please, help me......

There's a rumor going around my school that there's going to be a shooting tomorrow (April 18). Everyone knows about it-even the principals. Students have come to them, told them, and they look the other way. They aren't going to do anything about a goddamn shooting!

There's also a "book" going around (I'm not sure, I haven't seen it) for the shooter, that people are supposed to write the name of homosexuals and who ever else they don't like. Everyone in the book is supposed to get shot down.

I honestly don't know what to do. The faculty's ignoring it, people aren't coming to school tomorrow. What can I do? Stay home? Call the police? Please help me, I'm so nervous I'm crying.

I meant the 11th...silly me and my calendar reading skills.
------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

[This message has been edited by pink (edited 04-10-2001).]

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happened in my school too... it got around that this kid who looked & acted kinda crazy had a hitlist, and a gun in his locker. He had joked around with his friend earlier in the morning saying he wanted to kill someone. (No name was mentioned) The next day half the school didn't show up. The police were called and searched through the kid's locker. They found nothing. The boy was so upset that he was accused of something like that that he stayed home for a month and a half. When he finally came back to school we had a meeting and formally apologized for treating him like a maniac before we were positive. Believe me, we were in the same situation, we felt like our school didn't give a damn. But if this has been going around you can rest assured that they are concerned for your safety. It's their safety too!

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a note, tomorrow is April 11th.

But I see no harm in staying home from school if you have reason to believe it would be dangerous for you to go.

In fact, I'd likely advocate doing that. It rarely hurts to err on the side of caution.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree w/ miz S here ...

If you think this will happen, and you don't feel your school is doing enough, stay home. You could probably use the extra hours of sleep to calm your nerves

And people talk. Yeah, a lot of it is nonsense but there's got to be some truth to it ... maybe it was just bent way out of shape. My bf and his friend got their lockers checked (actually, they went to his house!) after the whole colombine thing last year, b/c they wore trenchcoats. Nice huh? So i totally agree w/ lilnerd here too. Don't blame anyone when you have no concrete proof (such as actually seeing the book ... )

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea... what I said made it seem like you shouldn't worry about it at all I guess. I totally didn't mean that, I just mean don't freak on a particular person until you know the facts. But there'd be no harm in staying home.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm for nearly everything said, and I think you could probably talk to your parents about it, and if they too are worried about it, and concerned for your safety as well as everyone else at your school, maybe you should consider talking to a cop 'bout it.

If I were in your situation, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to my parents about it.

Only I doubt the school wouldn't do anything about it. My headmistress...well, she's nice but strict...

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I had to stay home today, I've got pneumonia (for the 5th time!). It's noon, and so far no shootings on the news, but there's two hours left.....

One of my friends had a theory that the school wasn't taking it seriously because they didn't have any names. I'm still pretty edgy though. I just hope it's all okay.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, school shootings are so crazy. Don't you just wish everyone could get along?

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.