Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » MY ummm friends???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MY ummm friends???
harmonyluvsrusty
Neophyte
Member # 2696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harmonyluvsrusty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok..
I have this group of friends that I ALWAYS used to hang out with.
It consisted of a bunch of guys and then 3 other girls who were like my bestest friends.
As I grew more mature then my *bestest friends* i grew closer to my guy friends.
My girl friends got new friends and guys in their lives, and forgot all about me. And two of my friends seem to get a new guy every other day. And one of those two thinks she is in *love* with every guy she meets and then later claims that she wasnt. I'm like REALLY??? wouldn't have guessed....... Its soo hard not to say.
Gosh ---name--- are you in love with EVERYBODY???????????????????????????????????
So, It left me with me and Rusty(my guy).
Now, I have my friends who are only there for me once in that blue moon when they need me, and I have Rusty who has now become a lover and a best friend.
I really need someone else in my life.
I mean I talk to my parents and stuff.
But, I'm an only child, and all my friends have pretty much ditched me. Except when they need a shoulder to cry on. Do they every think bout MY feelings, or that I might need their shoulder?
I DO need them sometimes.
WHY can't they understand that?
I help them out allll the time?????????
I really need a friend....
They use me for advice?
Can someone help me?

Harmony

Posts: 23 | From: in the middle of somewheres and nowheres | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, I just wanna say I love your boyfriend's name. Rusty. I love it. Harmony's a really beautiful name, too.

With your friends, they are being selfish if they only come to you for comfort, and they hardly ever talkk to you. But look at it from their point of view. Did you ditch thtme in the first place? You did say that you began to mature more and you all grew apart. Maybe they took that as a signal you didn't want to be around them anymore. And, do you ever go to them when you nee da shoulder to cry on? Maybe they just don't expect you to, so they don't bother.

Whatever you do, talk to them about it. They are still your friends, so they're a little bit obliged to listen to you. Tell them how you feel, and hopefully it will work out.

Good Luck!

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harmonyluvsrusty
Neophyte
Member # 2696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harmonyluvsrusty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
O thank you....
*blushes*
well.
My *friends* have become very stuck up and only talk to me alone like online or on the phone. I guess I'm not popular or preppy enough for them. so they basically use me for advice, and never talk to me during school. I have tried to talk to them.
I tried to talk to the one who thinks she's always in love. She has found a *new love* and was telling me all about it. After she told me allll about her *new love* she goes "o by the way how was your day, and how are you and rusty* I start to tell her and like a minute later..... I have to go now... sorry,.....bye bye.. gotta call *new love*...
And just leaves me..
I really needed to talk to her too.
Really, you can't help me.
But, I just kinda need someone to talk too.
I'm kinda lonely and It's just me and Rusty..
My parents are protective and won't let us do anything so they dont' help much.
don't get me wrong i have a great relationship with them..It's just a parents love can only go so far.

Thank you so much for helping and listening to me............
I really need someone to talk to..

Harmony

Posts: 23 | From: in the middle of somewheres and nowheres | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can try, can't I?

I guess these friends are just being bitchy, through no fault of your own. You really need to ditch them if they're treating you like dirt and bringing you down. If talking to them doesn't work, it's over.

And what's wrong with making new friends? It's always hard to take the first step, but it gets easier. And, hey, you never know what you're missing!

And anytime you need to talk, we're here.

P.S.-If you still want to talk, my AOL sn is NewYorkisEvil.

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know hon, I used to feel that way too but I can't really say it's any fault of my friends because I have always set myself up to be the "big sister" of the group.

I think talking to them would indeed be the best thing you can do. And if they still don't care then you are probably better off without them and like Pink said, what's so bad about looking for new friends?

*hugs* hon. I hope everything works out okay for you. Hang in there.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel like that quite often. If you really want someone else to talk to, you should get out and meet people. Joining sports, clubs, and discussion groups is a great way to meet people. I made a ton of new friends this year through drama club and band. Introduce yourself or have a friend introduce you to new people or start up casual conversations. Joining things is a great way of making friends who are into the things you're into. If you just don't click with your old friends anymore and you just don't have alot in common with them, then there's nothing wrong with keeping your space. Of course, you can still be their friends, but you don't have to be their best friends. Friends grow apart all the time, especially in junior high and highschool. But at least you'll have rusty. It's always good to have someone to talk to.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harmonyluvsrusty
Neophyte
Member # 2696

Thanx you all!!!
You really helped me out!!!!!!!!!!!
I was really down about my friends.
I talked to one of them, and vented to her for a lil while. But, not as long as I probably would have.
I usually am advice-giving person, who helps everyone else out.
I'm not good at recieving advice and attention, so I guess that is a flaw of mine. Thank you all soooo much. I really appreciate it.
And as for joining clubs and such....
I'm not good at any sports other than volleyball(which is over) and softball(didn't try-out) so that is not an option. I live in THE middle of NOWHERE. so as for going anywhere to meet new people.
Anyways. I'm tired of talking about myself..
Even though on that rare occasion do I ever vent to anyone..........

Thanks again...
Harmony

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.