Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Out Of Topics (not the "usual" meaning)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Out Of Topics (not the "usual" meaning)
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone !
Does someone else than me feels that we're kinda running out of topics ?

I guess we've seen it all. How many times haven't I seen the words "use the search function" or "this has been answered many times".

Are we really running out of topics ? There's still "sexual ignorance" within our society but how come we can't come with new topics ? I have posted a few yesterday and I got very interesting replies (thanks )

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes and no, people come here asking different questions everyday, somep people dont know that the search function is there and repeat the question on accident. It's OK thats why we are here to help people learn how to use the website.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is alot of ignorance out there when it comes to sex which accounts for a large part of the questions asked at Scarleteen everyday (Am I Pregnant? etc)

And until people get answers to these questions which are really bugging them, no one is very interested in coming up with newer and more interesting questions.

So I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that it has been a pleasure answering your very interesting questions.

Keep it up and we will try to match you.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, there are still plenty of topics left to discuss.

However, bear in mind that we do have limits to these discussions simply because this site/forum is mainly for minors and has a majority minor readership. So, like it or not, the law in and of itself limits what we can and cannot discuss.

(And hey, if you don't like it, write a letter to your local congressman about the bounds of the AOC laws)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DC_WillowFan
Activist
Member # 631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC_WillowFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know there is sex ignorance out there are there's always new teenagers and simple people who don't know about certain topics it's just that I haven't seen anything quite new in the past weeks.

Miz Scarlet, you said there's plenty of topics to discuss about, could you start a new one (legal of course) just as an example ? I'm sure you have great ideas.

(BTW, I'm not against law but what's the AOC laws ?)

David

------------------
- I hope I shall be able to confide in you conpletely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.

Anne Frank to her journal
(1929-1945)

Posts: 201 | From: Montreal, Qc, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The AOC laws are the Age of Consent laws.

And, if you've got ideas for topics, please feel free to start them. For example, what kinds of support groups do you think we might need here?

Or... you can revive an older thread by goign back and posting some new comments to it. That will bump it back up to the top of the board for people to read over and think about.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm...you'll find that I start new topics at the boards incessantly.

That's part of my job in running the site and the boards.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we've seen it all, I can say with confidence, because I spend a lot of time on this site, that I know absolutely everything there is to know about sexuality, sexual health and safety. So, how come I keep finding questions on things I hadn't thought of before, or didn't know too much about, or had to look up before I could even answer them? I have read a lot, done a lot of research, but there's a lot I don't know, and I am honestly glad when people bring up topics like that. I want to know as much as I can -- and I don't yet, and I'd imagine other people feel the same way, so I guess until we all know everything we're not out of topics yet.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.