Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » moodswings!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: moodswings!
fLoWuRz
Activist
Member # 2047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fLoWuRz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, heres my problem. for about 3 or 4 years now, i've had these terrible moodswings. like, i'll be all bubbley and then someone will say something, or something will happen(could be as small as spilling a speck of coffee on the newspaper) and i'll dive into an half an hour (or more) slump. its so exhausting because i will go from being happy to crying and being depressed. and over nothing...nothing at all. and when i get depressed im thinking "what is wrong? and why is it bothering me so much". like i wont even know whats wrong sometimes. theres also times where i'll just be sitting around, doing normal stuff, and all of a sudden i'll become depressed,anxious, etc.
its very confusing. at first i thought maybe my period was influencing it. but its too frequent...it happens at least once a day. (when i was younger it was once a week or so). it seems like its getting worse. i know no one here can tell me exactly whast wrong, im just worried.
what should i do? is ther anyone here that has had the same problem? this is really starting to bother me, and im getting quite restless about it.
thanks so much for your help

Posts: 56 | From: to,cnd | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donnadoll33
Neophyte
Member # 1928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donnadoll33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel! One minute I'll be just peachy and having the best time and the next minute I feel really anxious and nervous. I even get depressed from simple stuff that shouldn't bother me. I don't know what to do anymore! If you want to talk or something just let me know, because thats what I think we need!
Posts: 8 | From: Arizona | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fLoWuRz
Activist
Member # 2047

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fLoWuRz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ya i'd for sure like to talk about it and it would really help us both i think!
Posts: 56 | From: to,cnd | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitCAT
Neophyte
Member # 2766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitCAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey u are not alone, i have these terrible mood changes, and get nervous and embarassed about really nothing. Thing is i tend to be too self consiuos about myself. i always criticise what i do, say, look like or wear. And if something's not right im just so depressed about. so hmm there are many factors but i cant seem to find anything that helps.
Posts: 38 | From: NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarlitCAT
Neophyte
Member # 2766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarlitCAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
by the way, one thing u might consider taking is some vitamins because the problem could be connected to ur nervous system, and a lack of some nutrients in it. some herbal supplimets such as St.John's Wort would help or anything related to natural medecine. anything natural will never hurt u and the worst it could do is just not work on you. so i suggest u talk to ur doctor about some herbal supplements in ur case.
Posts: 38 | From: NY,USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should talk to a doctor about how you feel.

Sometimes I get like that, where I am happy ad then get depressed, but only if someone makes me feel that way. I know if Im happy and then my mom gets on my case about something stupid, I wont feel as happy.

Try not to let little things get to you. I know its hard, but try and see what happens. And if you feel like yelling at someone, I suggest you go in your room, and write your feelings down. It helps so much.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
harmonyluvsrusty
Neophyte
Member # 2696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harmonyluvsrusty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY!!! I am sooooo just like you.
I am normally a very hyper and happy girl.
USED to be.
I will be sooo happy and so hyper one minute, then all sad and depressed another.
I get too depressed too often.
My parents think that I am ok.
So, I have no way of getting to the doctor.
I really think that there is something wrong with me!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Harmony

Posts: 23 | From: in the middle of somewheres and nowheres | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel. You should probably get it checked out by your doctor though. I was sorta like that last year and I went to a doc about it. Turned out I had GAD (general anxiety disorder), but they told me about bipolar disorder (or manic depression) which sounds alot like what you're going through. I read a story in seventeen magazine once about a girl who had it- she would be totally happy one minute, then the next minute someone would say something little and it would upset her so much that it would totally ruin her day. She would cry for practically no reason, get depressed over things with no meaning, and get into huge arguements with people over un-important things, and it took over her whole life. It happened to her about every day.

Just thought that I would share that info with you. I'm don't know if that's what you have, but it's worth looking into. I hope everything works out.^*

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anything in perticular that gets you down? Your friends, your family, school (grades). Or do you just get depressed out of the blue?

As I said before, talk to a doctor or talk to someone that you know you can. Talking is always good, its not good to keep it all bottled up inside you. Another good thing to do is (if you dont want to talk to someone) go in your room, maybe put some music you like on, and just write ALL your feelings down. It will make you feel betters.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have allergies, or a family history of allergies? I know it sounds crazy, but allergies can do a lot more than give you sniffles. When my sister was a teenager, we discovered that her frequent fits of severe "instant PMS" were caused by an allergy to milk. In her case, milk caused an emotional, not just physical, allergic reaction, making her depressed and short-tempered.

You might try keeping a diary for a while of everything you put into and your body and your physical and emotional state. Keep track of stuff like food, drinks, exposure to cigarette smoke, hair products and makeup, etc. and what time you're exposed. Then track stuff like tiredness, zits, muscle cramps, moods, etc. and when you notice this stuff. You just might discover some patterns.

------------------
And I've got no illusions about you.
Guess what? I never did.
When I said, when I said, "I'll take it."
I meant, I meant As Is.
--Ani DiFranco, "As Is"

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.