Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » without my best friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: without my best friend
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whe I'm not with my best friend I am bored and kinda depressed. I mean I have a life and all sorts of hobbies et cetra. But nothing seems fun w/o her. Sometimes I'm kinda depressed when I'm w/ her too. But that is b/c she is my only best friend and she has this other best friend that I keep thinking she is going to replace me with. That would leave me up the creek w/o an paddle b/c I dont remember how exactly to go about making friends anymore. I don't know what to do with myself when she isn't w/ me. What do you think I should do to stop feeling this way?
Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a ? first... r u a guy or a girl? please don't be offended... can't tell by your name.

anyways,
it seems to me that you've become dependent on her. it's like an addiction but not deadly... that's what it looks like any ways.
u can break this hold just like any other, one step at a time. when you're w/ her talk to someone new. smile at everyone.. worst they can do is flip u off... and is that gonna kill ya? no.. just gives u something to laugh bout, w/ someone besides your best friend
see
it's just a step at a time

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a girl. Thanks for the advice.

-Rio

Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
having a best friend is great. you enjoy eachothers company, you can trust them, and best of all you have fun and feel secure. But it is also very important that there are other people you can enjoy your time with. You said that sometimes you feel sad even when you are with her... is there anything specifically you're thinking about? I think you should go try to do something social without your best friend. Join a club, a sport, an art class...something that you personally enjoy. Then introduce yourself to new people and just be whoever you are. There is no technique to meeting friends, I mean.. it happened with your best friend and its not like you forced her into it didya?

------------------
“the safest sex is no sex but if you gunna have sex wear a latex”- Teck $
"girl, i told you...be careful when you likin' a guy, cus if they sense your feelings are too intense it's pimp or die" -Jay Z

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.