Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » how do u tell if you're screwed up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do u tell if you're screwed up?
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm confused. not able to focus on anything, except a guy friend of mine, for any longer than... 5min. i've started rambling, and i never ramble. somethings not right.i need some help. see my signature.no i'm not on drugs either... i promise. and i've also started scaring my hands. never cutting deep enough to draw blood... but right to that point. is that bad? and i'm stressed out. all my friends keep needing me, but i don't feel able to dump on them, though they dump on me all the time. i feel like a mother, and i'm not old enough to want that job
i don't know what's going on

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
in uncomprensible ways
an expanding ripple
u were hurting
so u struck out, angry
so young
so much agression
ruining not only your family's life,
but tramitizing you friends
and destroying your own
u had your whole life before u
a miracle in the making
but who knew what u'd do?
seing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honey, cutting is never good. That is hurting yourself, and when you do that, it's time for some outside help. And you say you can't focus on anything? Could be a hyper-active disorder, or something way less serious, like stress.

Best thing to do? Tell someone-right away! Dump on one of your friends-from what you say, they definately should listen, since you do. Tell your Mom, your Dad, your teacher, your school psychologist. Just tell someone!

While you have some free time, relax-just sit on your butt, and forget everything. Take a nice long bath, whatever will help. And eat lots of chocolate !

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know cutting isn't good... but i don't hurt my self... it's more like a bored cutting, i guess you could say.
thank's for the advice. i did just dump on my guy friend,ben, and so now i feel much better. i know it's not a hyper-disorder because i'm one of the least active people i know... not couch potatoe like but not buzzed either... i'm still confused, i feel really restless also, so i'm maybe thinking it's just stress.. what do you think?

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I'll bet it's stress. Did you know that stress can be a result of boredom, too? So, that would be a reason for cutting. The "bored cutting" you're doing now could lead to serious, harmful cutting later, so whenever you get bored, find something to do asap. But, if you get urges to cut it might be best to see a psych.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

hmmm... i don't know, i've alredy been to a counsler for a suicide attempt. but i think i'm just stressed. thanks for the advice... by the way the attempt was last year way at the begining of the last school year.
i talked to ben and he helped me feel better, cause it was mainly a guy that was hassling me and that i was mothering. i decided to break things off w/ that guy. thanks again

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do not cut yourself anymore!

Come on ... say it w/ me ... "I will not cut myself anymore, Smurf" Alright ... good

I know it's hard, but from what i've read, this is still relatively new to you right? And, as always, the further you get into something, the harder it is to get yourself out. Be careful ... Self injury is not joke, it's serious stuff. Get some help sweetie ... Talk to someone, anyone that will listen.

~ Smurfy

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

thanks smurfy
i won't cut on myself again
yes it's new to me... so new that like i said i'm not drawing blood, an i wont. i have gotten help... as i talked things out w/ an awsome guy friend of mine and feel much better
thanks for the support

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
seeing as...
i never knew you

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you ever feel the need to cut again, log onto Scarleteen and just bash away at your keyboard. When I am upset, that helps.

Gd luck sweetie. We are all here for you.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Divinity Sickness
Neophyte
Member # 2433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Divinity Sickness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To me you sounds stressed, which is leading to you getting depressed, which is leading you to cutting yourself.

You say all your friends keep needing you? I think you need to tell your friends you need a break, or sooner or later your going to crack under pressure.

Take sometime out, do something you havent done in AGES that you love to do, start having baths, and just relaxing.

Try not to think to much, thinking results in rambling in your situation because a million things are going through your mind at one time and you cant control the amount you talk due to stress.

Seriously girl, get off the freeway for awhile and drive a nice long straight slow country road.

and please, dont cut yourself, the scars arent worth what your going through! it'll pass

------------------
Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check three friends. If they're OK, you're it.

Posts: 16 | From: where nothings sacred | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crusher165
Neophyte
Member # 2299

yes i do think it's stress....
stress from all my friends needing me, from being in a stressful relationship (he's gone)
and i don't know what else...
plus it's not like i'm on the go all the time. in fact most of the time i just wanna sleep.. even if i've just woken up... i'm still tired... it sucks... ps... just thought i'd let you guys know: i quit cutting
thanks

------------------
~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
seeing as...
i never knew you

'u wanna get 2 me... u gotta get to you'

Divinity Sickness
Neophyte
Member # 2433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Divinity Sickness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You quit cutting? well done im so proud of you.
WOW! congrats

------------------
Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check three friends. If they're OK, you're it.

Posts: 16 | From: where nothings sacred | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.