Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » What do u do when u find out ur best freind has cancer?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do u do when u find out ur best freind has cancer?
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do u cry and hug each other? do u feel so sorry for her u can even look at her without crying? no. u go on treating her as u have for the past 3 years, playing in sandboxes and makeing sand castles. but ur only in 4th grade and dont understand that cancer is a monster eating ur friend away.

This is what happend to me and my best freind Renee. i couldnt understand that Renee was dying. and neither could she. every year from 4th grade on the doctors always gave Renee till that xmas to live. she always beat them. even this year when she was lying on her bed suffering in a coma. she survived though xmas untill the 28th. i went to visit her as often as i could. Renee died on the 28th. the day before my brithday. i was at my aunts house when i got the news and started bawling my eyes out. then my little cousin Alexis who is only 5 said "Im sorry ur friend cant come to ur brithday party." That made me cry even more. i was thinking "how could she leave me on my brithday?"

i went to her services and i stayed after to talk to her mother. and she was telling me how much i ment to Renee. then we both started crying. when i got home i thought again to my self "Renee dying the day before my brithday was the best present i have ever got", knowing that she was not suffering made me so happy. i think that this has made me a stronger person, and i thank you Renee for helping me though all this, where ever u are i hope ur happy and makeing each day count just as u did when u were here on earth.
~*~Katelin~*~

------------------
dont frown, u never know whos falling in love with ur smile~!~

[This message has been edited by troublemaka (edited 01-03-2001).]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry for you Katelin. I only wish I could tell you in person instead of through type.

But you ought to very proud of youself for helping Renee so much. There wasn't anything better to do then be there for her, than to treat as though you always would. I'm sure she apprieceated it more than you'll know.

And I hope that you'll carry Renee's message with you wherever you go and help other people. If you want to keep helping Renee, even though you can't directly, speak out for a cure. And you'll help even more.

Good Luck to you and all you encounter, Katelin.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am proud of you. You were there, when she needed you the most. And being able to realize that she is no longer suffering is really sincere.

She made it along time, and I'm sure she did it with your support.

------------------
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visiter," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door
Only this, and nothing more."
--Edgar Allan Poe, The Raven

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well ... what do you do when you find out your mom has cancer? Not a h*ll of a lot There's nothing TO do. You go on w/ everyday living or you get trapped a deep dark hole called self pity and you won't be able to pull yourself out ...

So you move on, and you have. I'm sorry you've had to go through what you have, but you've got the right view point on things. She was suffering, and now she's not. It would be extremely selfish of you, or anyone, to wish pain and suffering on someone you love and care about ... and by being here, that was just life.

Be strong. You've been through so much, and you will probably encounter something like this again. I hope things work out for you sweetie ... Best of luck.

~ Smurfie

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I'm so sorry Katelin.

It's so difficult thinking of what to type coz it all comes out so hollow.

You and Renee have been very strong and I think you gave her the greatest gift of all as well. Your love and friendship.

I wish you all the best and at least she is in a place now whereby she in no longer in pain.

*hugs*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry to hear about that Katelin. *HUGS*
I know it was hard and probablly still is and you have realized that her passing away was probabbly the best for her and you. I had a girlfriend who died from Malaria. She didn't live that long from when she got it so I really didn't know what to do except be there for her. She was great and I still miss her but she has past. I am very proud of you for being do strong. You should be proud of yourself. *Hugs again*

-Phsygnosis

Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrayolaChica12
Neophyte
Member # 2393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrayolaChica12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
love him/her heart and soul.

let her/him know that you're there for him/her.
most of all, don't let things get weird
she/he are the same person they were 2 seconds before he/she told you

Posts: 13 | From: Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.