Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have OCD but someone out there has to have it. Anyways, I'm recomending this great half fiction book called Kissing Doorknobs by Terry Spencer Hesser. It's aimed for younger readers, but I'm a pretty intelligent honor student adn I still enjoyed it. The book made me laugh, it made me cry (literally), it's really great. It takes you through this girl's life living with OCD. Way wonderful. One of her friends ends up pregnant and one is an anorexi model. Lots of disfuntion. So take this thread and do what you want with it (great, realistic books you've read. Abour real people and real things that don't always have a happy ending) or your experience with OCD.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thx Brit

I've had OCD since i was a lil girl and i've never really been able to find any books or *anything* on it ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You too, LilBlueSmurf?! Wow!

I've had severe OCD since I was eight. I've read Kissing Doorknobs a million times...I love that book. It was what made me realize I had OCD. I recommend that you read it, it's great!

------------------
"I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been able to find it

Can anyone tell me where i can get it ... (Remember, i'm way up in the boonies ... hehe)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Smurf:

Kissing Doorknobs is listed at Chapters. Is ther a Chapters in the Belleville area?

------------------
The most exciting phrase in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" ("I found it!") but rather "Hmmm... that's funny...."

- Isaac Asimov

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another great book.. which is about disorders including and similar to OCD is "The Sky is Falling" It changed my life...

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Mmhmm ... You should come back up to Belleville sometime Bobo. They've built a whole new section onto the mall. Included a Chapters complete w/ a lil mini Starbucks

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.