Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Support Groups » Abstinence and Celibacy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Abstinence and Celibacy
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you abstinent or celibate right now? That isn't always so easy to do, but if it's what you want with a little support, you can swing it.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'll be the first to reply to this.
Well, I plan on "abstinence" (that word does kind of bug me) until I'm married. Most modern people think that's a crock, but that's what I plan on. And I'm not going about it blindly, if I were going to make out with some guy somewhere, I would take condoms with me. Because you just never know. Carrying protection doesn't make someone a "slut". Hey, maybe you can lend it to a friend if he/she is in dire need.

I just don't think I need to be having sex. I mean, I just don't need one more stress in my life. Having to deal with all the responsibilities of sex... *shudder*
Not for me yet.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Activist
Member # 374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ophelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with Mophead...but i instead of marriage, i plan on waiting for Love. Sex is the act of making love and to do the act, i think that you must feel the emotion, right? i mean, i'd like to believe that sex, making love, whatever you'd like to call it is so much more when you DO love your partner. I will, when the time is right and i am in love and ready for the responiblities and concequences, good or bad. call me old-fashioned, but sex is definatly something i CAN wait for.
Posts: 72 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
playingbyheart
Activist
Member # 41

Icon 1 posted      Profile for playingbyheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember being 13 years old and thinking that i was going to wait till i was married to have sex. (that was before i realized i was bi, btw) I'm 16 and i'm not exactly sure what a virgin actually is anymore- because i haven't done much to talk about with a guy but i recently had sex (in my definition) with my girlfriend even though i actually haven't eaten her out yet. I don't think i could sleep with a guy before i'm married (if i ever GET married...) just because of all the other risks like (a bigger risk of) stds and of course pregnancy (though as i wrote in another post in body+soul, i doubt the latter is going to be an issue for me). So-anyway- i've come to this conclusion: do what feels right to you and always be smart about it. Sex is a big deal but if it's with the right person and you're "too young" by the older generations standards, don't let that stop you. I love being able to show my feelings for my girlfriend through pleasing her and i think she feels the same way about her intamicy with me. So- heck if i know if i'm a virgin or not anymore- but i don't care either. I've been dating my GF for 7 months now and we both are very close (yes, we've had rough times but i feel so attatched to her now).

I've changed so much since age 13--

Posts: 91 | From: Chicago, Il | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't like the word "virgin". So confining. I don't think my "virginity" is such a huge deal. I just know that I don't want to have sex with a partner at this time. I don't see a reason to add one more stress to my life right now. Having to worry about condoms, lubes, blah blah blah... I'd rather just jill off and be done with it.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.