Hi everyone just found this very interesting article from a UK newspaper, and found it super fascinating!! really does make you think how lucky we are to have so much choice these days. I cannot imagine living in a time where birth control was banned and frowned upon!! really does make you think.
I'd caution you against thinking of the Daily Fail as a newspaper - it's more of a collection of short stories based primarily on fantasy, prejudice, and an unwillingness to do any research whatsoever. However, since 95% of this particular article is lifted directly from Planned Parenthood, and the remaining 5% is repeating the content of the infographic almost verbatim, it's probably reliable - just remember never to believe anything they actually wrote themselves.
The infographic is definitely very interesting! It's quite amazing to think of the progress that's been made in the last 100 years or so, not just on birth control but also on STI prevention and treatment - methods of contraception have really proliferated in the past decades. It's quite hard to imagine living in a world without all of this, even though it's all fairly recent in historical terms. Another thing I might have added to that infographic is the fact that access to birth control is a human right, and has been since 1979, although it's a fairly oft-ignored one, alas...
And then we have Hobby Lobby. I could go on about that for hours, but I won't. Suffice it to say: Argh, misogyny.
Posts: 116 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2014
| IP: Logged |
Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998
Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.