Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life?
LimeGreenLovexX
Neophyte
Member # 58400

Icon 11 posted      Profile for LimeGreenLovexX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After much thought, I've decided to ask this question before I decide if I'm going to continue responding to abortion/political related posts. I want your opinion on whether or not I just need to keep my mouth shut.

I'm pro-life. I suppose some of you are thinking that I'm cold, heartless, don't understand your situation, ect. I guess I just want to let people know what pro-life means to me, because I'm mostly seeing people saying their pro-choice(which they have EVERY right to be, and I'm absolutely not trying to judge anyone.) and why their pro-choice. I love that I have access to peoples opinions, but I hope that maybe you guys can understand that I'm not trying to judge you or that I disrespect you if you are pro-choice.

To me, pro-life is the belief or idea that babies are human beings. It's also the idea that sometimes it's the answer. I'm more inclined to say that I'm pro-life because I'm saddened that some people use abortion as a form of birth control. I know that most people who get abortions do not believe that way, but I hope you guys understand what I'm saying. I don't, however, believe it should be illegal. I just hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say.

I would also like to know how many of you guys who are pro-choice also advocate for partial birth abortion. I'm just curious.

Again, I hope no one takes this the wrong way or anything. I respect each and every one of you guys and hope that I haven't offended you.

-Hannah

--------------------
"Being Happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections" -Unknown

Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hannah, I'm going to have to close this thread.

Scarleteen is a pro-choice organization. While we respect differing opinions and help everyone regardless of their own views, we are not going to engage in debates about abortion.

Not only is this simply something where we do not see room for discussion, it's also something that can get heated very quickly, and we do not want to invite any comments on this board that could potentially make others feel unsafe.

It does sound to me like you could do with some clarification about what abortion is and isn't (for example, "partial birth abortion" is not a medical term at all, but something used by people who are anti-choice to create confusion), so I am going to link you to an article that may help:
http://www.scarleteen.com/blog/heather_corinna/2009/06/09/how_to_unpack_for_a_real_discussion_about_abortion

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.