Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Multigenerational Experiences with & Attitudes About Casual Sex Study

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Multigenerational Experiences with & Attitudes About Casual Sex Study
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there!

So, it's been about a gazillion years since I embarked on doing a large sexuality study (about 10 really, but still), but I'm starting now, on the topic in the title.

I'll ideally be using the study for publication in time, as part of something larger, and while it's for all ages, I very much want to be sure young people get represented, especially GLBTQ young people, young people of color, and more conservative young people.

So, if you have about 20-30 minutes I'd love it if you participated, and I promise that one way or another, whenever this is done, I'll share the results. I can say looking at many responses so far that they're all really interesting and I think you'll all be interested in them.

It's here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S97WR6H

Thanks!

The study is here!

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astrocyte
Activist
Member # 29128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astrocyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool cool! I want to do this survey. I have just looked at the first page. The gender & assigned sex sections are awesome! It's so cool to see more than two options. (Not that I would expect something different from you, but still! exciting). I am stuck on the next question though. I am not from Australia OR Asia. ..I guess the question is divided by continent though, so I'll put Australia since we used to be attached a ridiculous amount of time ago.
Posts: 79 | From: the southern hemisphere | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're the second person to point out that particular geographical blind spot of mine. So sorry!

Unfortunately, I can't change options like that in the study now without dumping all the responses, which at this point, would be losing over 600 of them. [Frown]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went with Aussie too, most of the time I end up doing that in surveys etc, so its not worries.
Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.