Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » So now we have to prove we suffered to get counselling....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So now we have to prove we suffered to get counselling....
nixieGurl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19081

Icon 13 posted      Profile for nixieGurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This article make's me more than a little sad, considering that the only really possible sane way for me to exsist in New Zealand is to remain in counselling, but ACC (Accident compensation Corp) is going to make that a lot harder.... Check it out...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10596123

Posts: 657 | From: NZ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
astrocyte
Activist
Member # 29128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for astrocyte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The idea of reducing funding availability for counselling for survivors, as a response to increased costs from increased uptake of that counselling, is totally sickening to begin with. Let alone going ahead and making the process of accessing that counselling super stressful and difficult. It makes me want to cry that ACC saw this as an appropriate solution. I just found
/
code:

this blog , which says that ACC and NNEST were able to come to some compromise where alternatives to the DSM can be used to determine mental injury. I'm trying to find out what the status of thsi plan is at the moment..I had planned to go to the protests back in October but I think I slept thorugh the one in my town.

Anyway, there's a "no to acc" Facebook out there too, which might have more info..have you heard anything new about it?

Posts: 79 | From: the southern hemisphere | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.