Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Grinding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grinding
sharkjaw
Neophyte
Member # 44507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkjaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm a freshman in high school. We can get over that now... [Smile]

I'm new to the whole high school dance thing. At the dances, a lot of grinding goes on. I enjoy it, and I do it at the dances, of which there have been three. My question is- Is it acceptable for a guy to pop a boner while grinding? What do girls think of that? Is it a complement? What's the deal? It's happened to me before and they seem to not mind it, so I keep going... that's why I enjoy it so much. Grinding is exciting in more ways than one.

--------------------
I'm not going to put too much thought into this.

Posts: 1 | From: Bed. | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thehiddenone
Activist
Member # 39654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thehiddenone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heya [Smile]
Well this is a wide question and you cant really awnser it directly as EVERY woman is different [Smile] Now i personally, and a few of my friends, don't mind if a man was to get erected while grinding, grinding is a very intimate dance style, you just carry on and its kind of a complement that the guy likes it. Now if a girl doesnt like it, she's likely to just walk away or so. I wouldn't be to fussed if i were you, just dance and have fun.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StrangePudding
Activist
Member # 40765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StrangePudding     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with rollerchick, if someone didn't like it they probably a) wouldn't grind in the first place, or b) would somehow get themselves out of the situation once your erection became evident. Personally, before I'd gotten up close and personal with a penis on my own, I probably wouldn't have recognized the feeling of an erection. I myself would have been flattered, but I have at least one friend who is absolutely not OK with the idea and doesn't like to grind as a result.
Posts: 222 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are definitely some women who wouldn't feel comfortable with that--my suggestion would be to not hold them tightly at all if this happens. That way, if they are uncomfortable, they can easily move further away.

You can always ask the girl you're dancing with "Are you having fun?" to make sure she's okay with it, too.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.