Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Do most women find a larger penis appealing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do most women find a larger penis appealing?
CW
Neophyte
Member # 43103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do most women find a larger than average penis attractive? I've heard that a larger penis can hurt a woman. My penis is 7 inches long and 6 inches around and I was wondering if women find that size attractive.
Posts: 2 | From: Alachua,FL | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one woman here is going to be able to tell you what most women like aestheticaly or sexually: women's preferences in how partners look and act, in what kind of sex they like and the ways they like it vary a LOT. We're not all the same just because we have the same chromosomes and breasts. [Smile]

But what we know from sexology studies is that by and large, women have said again and again that penis length usually doesn't make one whit of difference to them. Considering that the vast majority of the nerve endings of the vagina are just in the first couple inches of the canal, that's hardly surprising.

Can some women find that some lengths of penises aren't comfortable for all activities? Well, kind of. I say kind of because it's less about something being too long and more about what a male partner is doing. If a male partner of any length is being too rough, too hasty, or going deeper than feels good to a woman it's not going to feel good. The length of the vaginal canal will generally accomodate most penises to their base when a woman is highly aroused (the vagina gets deeper with arousal). But if a woman isn't aroused enough, and/or a guy is just shoving himself in there, it's not going to feel good whether a guy is shorter than average, average, or longer than average. In other words, this has more to do with being attentive and responsive than how long a penis is or is not.

The biggest thing, though? When most people of any maturity and depth choose sexual partners, they don't mentally chop them into bits in terms of what parts they do or don't like, but rather, see a partner's body and all it's parts as part of the PERSON, the whole person, to whom they are attracted to and/or care about. And again, what feels good and doesn't is more about all of what's going on and HOW partners are doing a certain activity than with the size of anyone's parts.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CW
Neophyte
Member # 43103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info. [Smile]
Posts: 2 | From: Alachua,FL | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a woman and I don't think it matters either, I do see everyone as an individual and their genitalia as wonderful for it's precious ability to give them such great pleasure.

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chromecat
Peer Educator-in-Training
Member # 43173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chromecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the topic of larger penises hurting women, I'd say that unless your member could rival Rasputin's in terms of size (look it up,) then you have nothing to worry about. As already mentioned, the vaginal canal does expand durning sex.

As far as preference goes, it's probably a rare woman that chooses her partners based on the size of their genitalia, throwing those that don't make the cut out of her room with their briefs around their ankles. People certainly can have their preferences, but all of your parts are unique to you, and someone who is involved with you should respect them as such.

Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaisyMazy
Activist
Member # 36719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaisyMazy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to say that without proper arousal and lubrication a penis of ANY size can cause pain during sex. This is not only a problem for larger ones
Posts: 74 | From: Austin, Tx | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post 
But I know for a fact that with non-arousal and non-lubrication, the larger the penis size (in terms of width mostly but also lenght given the cervix) the higher the chances usually are of causing pain, taking into consideration that both partners are as careful and caring.

That's what I've experienced, anyway.

[ 07-05-2009, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think either way, any penis of any size has the ability to cause pain upon penetration. It's a bit of a moot point to discuss size, because without proper arousal and lubrication, any penetration, by a penis or other object, is going to be uncomfortable.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.