Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Love Letter to my Student Health Center

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love Letter to my Student Health Center
CatsRock^_^
Neophyte
Member # 42136

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CatsRock^_^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to acknowledge how great my experience with my university's student health center is. The nurse practitioner talks to me like I'm a smart, intelligent person who has the ability to be in touch and have knowledge about my own body. And she actually remembers me. The staff is always compassionate and understanding, which is important to me because of the server medical phobia I have. No one has ever looked at me like I've committed a sin when I have questions about my birth control or get the prescription filled. Planned Parenthood comes once a month and offers free screenings and supplies for students.
This is how all medical offices should be. I'm going to miss the health center when I graduate and am forced into the corporate health care system. It's sad that I want to stay in school longer so I can have access to quality compassionate health care.

Posts: 5 | From: NorCal | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJT
Assistant Director
Member # 40442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's so awesome to hear about people having great health care experiences! I often find myself feeling like a bit of an infomercial when I start singing the praises of my awesome medical providers!

It's great that your university has such solid care, and hopefully you'll be able to talk with some of the practitioners there about who they might recommend, especially if you're going to be in the same area after you graduate! They might be able to offer some references of folks who have similar ethics and practices when it comes to taking care of their patients.

Posts: 384 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.