Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » i dont know if im pregnant...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i dont know if im pregnant...
ash123
Neophyte
Member # 38643

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ash123         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok heres my situation

Me and my boyfriend had sex on the 25th and todays the 27th and he was my first and i dont know if im pregnant

I've been on birthcontrol since a couple months before the 27th but i had to go to the doctor because my throat was hurting realy bad and he gave me z-pac and he said that if i was on birthcontrol that the z-pac would interfear with it and he asked if it was for my period or so i dont get pregnant and it was so i didnt get pregnant because me and my boyfriend talked about having sex and i wanted to be prepared but my period was also twice a month and i never knew when i was going to have it so it was for both realy and he said that the pill keeps working even after i took the last one and it wasnt that long ago and i and i took the last pill i think around the 16th and i dont rember when my last period was

I take my birthcontrol pills at 12 noon and we had sex after 12 noon and the pill i took that day at noon had the hormone blockers in it but the next day the birthcontrol pill that i took at noon that day was one of the ones with out the hormone blockers

But when me and my boyfriend had sex we didnt use a condom and he poped my cherry and i dont know how long the bleeding from that is supposed to last but i blead afer we were done and for the past two days brown stuff has been coming out and i dont know what it realy is but today a little bit of blood came out and i dont kno if that is from gettin my cherry poped or starting my period and i was thinking about takeing a pregnancy test tomarrow but i dont know if i should or not and how long im supposed to wait after sex to take a test

So my questions are:

Do you think im pregnent and if so what should i do? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

How long is the bleeding supposed to last after the cherry gets poped? [Confused]

What is the brownish stuff? [Confused]

Am i just starting my period and not still bleeding from my cherry getting poped? [Confused]

Should i go take a pregnancy test tomarrow? [Confused]

Please Reply Soon

Posts: 5 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't sound to me like you had a pregnancy risk- just to clarify though, you had sex before you started your antibiotics, right? If so, then you had no risk. (And just for the record, the pill does not contain any "hormone blockers". There are pills that contain hormones, and pills that are just placebos made of sugar.) However, for the rest of the cycle that you're on antibiotics, you'll want to back up with a condom now.

There is no "cherry" to get popped in the vagina- no fruit salad in there! [Razz] If you weren't fully aroused and well lubricated, or if you were a bit rough, you're likely just having a bit of bleeding from small abrasions that can happen due to friction, or perhaps a bit of bleeding if you tore any residual hymen tissue left. If the bleeding gets heavier or doesn't stop within a day or two, then it may be your period.

So, as far as I understand your situation, you don't have a pregnancy risk here as you would have been protected by the pill. There's no need for you to take a pregnancy test, but if you'd like to take one for your own peace of mind, you have to wait 10-14 days after you had sex for the test to be accurate.

(Too, the pill doesn't protect against STIs, so if you and your partner haven't been tested, you also had an STI risk and may want to schedule some screenings.)

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash123
Neophyte
Member # 38643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash123         Edit/Delete Post 
the z-pac that the docter gave me i took like 2 weeks ago for 4 days and he said it keeps working 5 days after the 4 days i was taking it and we had sex on the 25th like 3 days ago

And for the birthcontrol it said that the pink pills had the stuff in them and the white ones didnt and the day after sex i just started the white pills

And when we were having the sex it wasnt dry at all and it didnt feel rough

Posts: 5 | From: Indiana | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I understand correctly, you took your last z-pac pill on the 16th of May, so about 9 days before your pregnancy risk.
I don't understand, though, what you mean by "hormone blockers". Are you talking about your placebo pills?
If you have taken all your pills on time since you stopped the Z-Pac, you should be protected, unless some of these pills were placebos. You'll need to call your pharmacist or doctor to be sure.
If you determine that your birth control was not protecting you on the 25th, you still have time to get Emergency Contraception. It will significantly reduce your risk of pregnancy.
There are no cherries (or other fruit or veggies, for that matter) in your genitals, but I assume you are asking about your hymen tearing, since you refer to bleeding. If you've torn your hymen or abraded (scraped) your vaginal tissue, the bleeding can last a day or so, and is usually bright red.
As for your brownish discharge, you can check out:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions
You could very well be starting your period. This is especially likely if this is your normal time for a period. Also, since you've only been on the pill for a few months, it could be break through bleeding.
Even if you were pregnant, taking a test tomorrow wouldn't help you to know either way. Pregnancy tests are not accurate until 10-14 days after a risk. It's only been two days. As I said before, if you determine (by calling your Dr or pharmacist) that your pills were not protecting you during the 25th, you can still get EC, and it is recommended that you do so.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ash123
Neophyte
Member # 38643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ash123         Edit/Delete Post 
i dont know what placebos are and for the 'hormone blockers' i thought thats what the birth control pink pills did and that the white ones didnt do anything
pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you have 21 pink pills and 7 white ones, then the pink pills are the ones that contain hormones (as opposed to hormone blockers). The white ones are just sugar pills or "reminder pills" to help you remember to take a pill every day.
If you took the last antibiotic on the 16th, and had sex on the 25th, you should be protected by your birth control, but only a pharmacist or doctor would be able to tell you for sure. You can just call them and explain that you were on Z-pac until the 16th, had sex on the 25th, and took the last pill of your pack on the 25th. They will be able to tell you if you were protected, and if you need to do anything differently with your pills.
If you were NOT protected, you still have time to get Emergency Contraception, but you'll need to talk to a Dr or Pharmacist about that too.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.