Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Condom Restaurant ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom Restaurant ...
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I found this youtube link about the Cabbage & Condom Restaurant in Bangkok Thailand. Honestly an interesting idea when you think about it. Anyone ever heard of it? Is this somewhere you think youd eat at if you ever had the chance?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never heard of that, but in Sweden they deliver condoms in an ambulance to people "caught in a promising situation, but without protection." Apparently this was started to reduce the spread of chlamydia. I think it's a pretty cool idea, though rather amusing, too. Can you imagine what their emergency calls must sound like?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3775771.stm

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA ... how about that as a sign for the nosy neighbors! I can see people peeking out between their curtains now. But then again I'm a small town gal ... so people tend to know everything that happens in everyone's lives anyway.

I definately want to go to that cabbage and condom restaurant. I think it's cool they have a museum too! I don't know that I'd be calling the condom truck to come help me though. Shouldn't they bring lubricant too? Someone should suggest that to them.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's interesting!

I have to laugh about the condom ambulance - when I was much younger my brother (who dispatches ambulances, fire trucks, etc) told me that if I'm ever in a situation where I'm feeling too pressured to have sex, call him and then pretend to faint and he'd send some of his buddies to pick me up.

I'm going to mention that idea to him - maybe we could get condom ambulances going in the US. [Wink]

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YellowRedFlowers
Neophyte
Member # 37850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YellowRedFlowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty interesting.
There's a store a friend introduced me to called ConRev, condom revolution. The front of the store is as you can guess, devoted to condoms and its kinda funny because if you stand there looking at them for more than 3 seconds an employee will suddenly appear at your side asking if you have any questions about the condoms your looking at.

Posts: 3 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.