Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Casual Sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Casual Sex?
CasualSex
Neophyte
Member # 28098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CasualSex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So is it wrong. Personally I say no, but one of my friends told me that he thought it was and we got in a huge fight. I have ben involved in casual sex for about 6 months now and out of the 7 or 8 women I have been sleeping with, on many occasions 2 at the same time, we are all much much closer friends now. Please post me your opinions.
Posts: 1 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, casual sex really isn't wrong more than any other form of casual sex is wrong.

It certainly may not be the right thing mentally or physically for all people, but that certainly doesn't make it wrong.

I will bring up, though, that a good number of people, especially younger people, are not yet prepared for all of the consequences and responsibilites of single partnered sexual relationships, let alone those with multiple partners and without some sort of comittment to them beyond a sexual means. Again, this becomes an issue of what is right for some but not for others.

There are a number of people who lead happy, healthy sexual lives engaging in casual sex, anonymous sex, sex with multiple partners, etc. These people are all (for the large part) adults, however, and have come to terms with, accepted, and understood what their own sexual boundaries are and how to communicate those boundaries safely with other people.

Casual sex relationships take a great deal of understanding for ALL parties involved, which means a good establishment of communication amongst all partners (meaning you aren't with a single partner who doesn't know and is okay with the fact you have also or do also have any other number of partners, and what BOTH your intentions in begining a sexual relationship are) as well as being doubly vigilent about STI screenings and latex barriers.

In a monogomous relationship, compared to casual sexual relationships or polyamoury, there is much less risk of STI transmission as long as both partners receive regular full STI screenings than in a sexual lifestyle where more than one partner is involved.

So again, I stress that while no aspect of casual sex relationships are wrong, there are just more factors to take into consideration as far as boundaries, communication, emotions, and sexual health safety go as you add more partners. The majority of younger people, as well, are simply not ready to take on that responsibility or to understand how to balance it and make sure it is all taken care of correctly. Teens and younger adults newer to sexual activity, especially, may still not completely understand how they feel toward being sexual activity, and it can be a large step to become sexually active with ONE partner and do so emotionally and physically safely. Since this site caters more to teenagers and young adults, I'm just trying to keep that point highlighted.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ax50607
Activist
Member # 27650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ax50607     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dalicious, i completely agree with you. i think that was wonderfully expressed. do you mind if i show what you wrote to some of my friends?
Posts: 69 | From: NC, US | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why thank you, I'm really flattered that you want to show what I wrote to some friends to help express the topic, and of course I don't mind! This forum is open to the public, and to whomever it can help. [Smile]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.