Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Ethics and Politics » Shutting down my reply

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Shutting down my reply
Passwords inactive
Neophyte
Member # 17644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Passwords inactive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My password no longer works so I had to register anew to correct your false assumptions.

I am Dante, my partner is SMBerg, and I am a New York State resident visiting Oregon for the Easter holiday. I would rather not have started a new topic to explain this but you closed the other thread and my password doesn't work.

Obviously there can be no truly honest discussion about the harms of prostitution on this message board, and that is unfortunate.

- Dante

If you could add this response to the other locked thread before simply deleting this thread I would appreciate it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have taken a look at the arguments offered in the locked thread. They all contain the implicit assumption that the sex industry, prostitution etc. is bad. You think its bad that "pimps" could become businessmen because of inherently what their business involves, irrespective of whatever regulations they had to sign up for in order to be legitimate. There is also an assumption that an increase in sex work is automatically a bad thing, no matter how much better the situation might actually be made through regulation. Thus your argument is based on a moralist foundation disguising itself as pragmatism.

------------------
'An Anarchist is a Liberal with a bomb' Trotsky

Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.